Soundcore Mini 2: Power-on tone?

I posted this in the Soundcore discussion as well but thought it may get more traffic here. Moderators, feel free to dock my pay (or delete post as needed) for this :smirk:

On the Soundcore mini 2 (for those that can testify first-hand): is there a power-on tone on the speaker? This question also goes for the other newer Soundcore speakers as well.

I love my Soundcore Sport but that loud power-on tone kills it for me when wanting to use it late-night…so I end up not using it.:unamused:

Any info regarding this would be appreciated as it’s not really mentioned in reviews as most probably don’t see it as a drawback. I personally do.

Yes there is a power on tone, to help minimize how loud it is you can always turn down the volume on the speaker itself so it’s not so loud and then adjust it as needed

3 Likes

Thanks @elmo41683.

My Soundcore Sport doesn’t behave the way you describe so this was probably changed on the newer Soundcores. The Sport remembers nothing about it’s volume level when shut down so even if the volume is turned down before it’s shut down, powering it back on just defaults to that obnoxiously LOUD power-on tone.:confused:

I could never understand why these speakers even have a power-on tone to begin with…:thinking:

2 Likes

Just got home and powered mine up. Definitely makes the standard Anker power on noise.

I tried adjusting the volume down on the speaker and powering off and back on.

Didn’t seem to make a difference to power on and power off volume though sorry.

If you’re after late night listening, get some of the new Soundcore Vortex headphones. Really comfy and very little noise leakage.

I’ve always wondered myself. I have heard some obnoxiously LOUD power on tones from different manufacturers. Doesn’t seem to be a huge problem with Anker Bluetooth speakers IMO bit it would be nice if you could turn it off.

Thanks. I’ve plenty of headphones but most times I can’t wear them late at night as I need to hear my surroundings.

Using a speaker turned down to very low volume is fine as they are all adjustable in this way. My only issue is with the power-on tone which (compared to my very low speaker volume) is alarmingly LOUD with no option to lower it or disable it…I’ve already asked this but I’ll mention it again…why is this power-on tone even there to begin with? Nothing else that I have as far as electronics goes has a power-on tone. Why seemingly only portable Bluetooth speakers?:thinking:

While I can’t speak for all manufacturers, but every bluetooth speaker I have has a power on/off tone. This is so you know when it’s in and able to be paired

Thanks @elmo41683. The Soundcore Sport is my only Bluetooth speaker so I have nothing to compare with. I guess it is what it is.

No worries @SZak2015 , just so your aware for future ref you can change your category during editing of your thread titles :slight_smile: