Soundcore LIfe P2 - sound cutting out intermittently

When listening to music or on a conference call - the sound keeps cutting in and out - i have disconnected and reconnected via BT. Any Ideas?

RP

please reset Soundcore Life P2 – this should fix your issue, follow this Youtube video

Also, may be worth to reach out to the Soundcore Support Service@soundcore.com , they may be able to provide further resolution steps.

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Try reducing the distance between your right earbud and your audio device, like having your audio device in your right pocket or right side. Your right Soundcore earbud is the master (main) earbud. It connects to your audio device and to the left earbud.
  • Forge the pairing record on your device and reset the earbuds per the steps below:
    1. Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged with a steady light on the earbuds
    2. Press and hold the button on both earbuds for 3 seconds. The LED indicators will flash red 3 times and then turn white.
  • Turn back on the Bluetooth on your device and find the Soundcore to pair them.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

Fixed this on Windows 10.

Turns out the Bluetooth adapter driver was bad. It was using some Intel driver when both my motherboard and processor are AMD. I had to disable the intel driver and install the proper driver for the bluetooth adapter. Fixed it perfectly.

1 Like

Glad it’s working now! Enjoy the earbuds :clap:

I have the same issue. I reset the headphones as you recommended and the sound still keeps going in and out. I have a Dell with Windows 10. The headphones work fine with my iPhone. I looked into Dell Bluetooth driver/s and they are all up to date. Any other options you can suggest i try? The main purpose i bought Soundcore Life P2 was because of their great reviews and to use for my virtual meetings.

What laptop model exactly?

You can suffer stuttering if your Bluetooth is v4.2 and/or if WiFi is on 2.4Ghz rather than 5Ghz as some laptops use the same antenna. I have a tablet which is 4.2 which is much improved Bluetooth when WiFi is 5Ghz. Wireless buds consume double the bandwidth in certain situations.

Also nose around some of fixes I am collecting here, if any work or you fix let us know. You say latest drivers but often it is still not the best driver. The driver determine if best codec used which impact bandwidth hence stuttering so dig deeper

Indeed the Life P2 are great but unfortunately Windows is not, many have issues, not specifically on Soundcore but any Bluetooth, in areas of quality and microphone. If you do solve the stuttering issue you’re probably going to have issues with sound quality when using microphone and little can be done about that… The solution is to buy some Q30 headphones and an inline microphone cable and don’t use Bluetooth, or move to Android which is wonderful for such problems.

I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 from 2015. I have been on both 2.4ghz and 5G and same issue occurs. I uninstalled the Bluetooth driver completely and reinstalled it and still the same.

Bluetooth 4.1

That’s your culprit. You should avoid wireless buds with such old Bluetooth versions.

Try using one bud at a time not both, that will half the problem. Put the left bud back in the case, stuttering should go away, let us know if it does.

If you want to stick with this problem then did you try this yet?

It also halves the problem and may let you use both buds and reduce stuttering.

Unpair headset
Right-click start menu and open Device Manager
Expand Bluetooth
Right-click Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator and disable. It will give you a warning about devices not working. Unless you have devices that require Bluetooth low energy, it will be okay. Leave the other one (without LE) enabled.
Pair your headset
Enjoy

Whichever works give feedback to help others later.

@Eralda_Agolli did the above fix it? I can find tips and tricks but there’s too little feedback on what worked to become useful tricks.

@professor Yes! It is working with music. I will test it later today and see if it works with Zoom and GoToMeeting platforms. Thank you so much! Greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

Good to know.

There are specific problems you may next encounter with audio quality and microphone with Zoom, if so then

@professor Just wanted to let you know that i had two meetings already on both Zoom and GoToMeeting and the headphones worked perfectly:) Thank you again.

1 Like

Good.

Are you sure the microphone being used was the LP2 not the laptop built-in? A test is to tap the earbuds vs tap the laptop during a meeting with yourself (use Zoom on phone on mute and laptop).

There are reports the defaults can be wrong.

Yes. It was the LP2. The default on both platforms is the computer speaker and i had to go in and switch it to LP2.

1 Like

I’m a tech person. I tried all the above solutions. Its certainly a manufacturing defect(may be at the hardware level) i would say. And the sound drops most frequently in the right ear bud only. So i don’t think that you can fix it by a firmware update. Even great brands such as apple and samsung contact the customer over the phone and try to fix these issues in their next version of headphones. Moreover you should avoid the master slave mode in your earbuds, comeon, are you still using this kind of structure even in this 2021? I had to return my headset in amazon since you didn’t respond.

The seamless connection is the most essential thing for any BT headset. You got good sound quality and NC but you cannot witstand the market if you don’t fix this issue, taking it seriously. Seems like this issue has been raised 6 months before. But still you haven’t fixed it.

Tried this 4 times. But stil didn’t fix the issue The audio breaks frequently in the right ear bud.

I have followed these reset steps several times since I came across this post, sadly the problem always returns! They are paired with a Pixel 4a 5g on Android 12 (the stuttering occured on Android 11 as well), is there anything else I can try?

Sometimes the steps are rushed. After you’ve reset the buds then wait a minute before pairing.