Soundcore liberty air

As @Jesse_Hernandez1 pointed out there us no transparency mode. But, depending how you have your volume set you can easily hear what’s going in around you or you can drown out everything by cranking the volume up

1 Like

in regard to the aspect I like more the Zolo

Ahhh, sucks :frowning:
Is the Journey U an Anker product?

Below this gets a little geeky >>>
The only reason I’m with the Zolo Liberty + is that feature :P.
Maybe it works for some people but to me, lowering the volume to allow outside noise to come is not like having Transparency mode. Transparency mode has more clarity since it’s enabling the mic to hear your surroundings and, I’m not sure if it’s mentioned in their ads but, has another safety feature that’s really handy…

We can agree that the design of the product, without Transparency Mode and music, is similar to having low/mid-grade earplugs. Transparency Mode also detects sounds over a certain decibel (ie walking pass a construction site, loud wind noise, etc.) and deactivates / activates the feature in real time to protect your ears like a Brick Wall Limiter.

It’s Almost perfect for city folks like my self! :stuck_out_tongue:

Geeky stuff >>>

• I’m a music professional so my gripe maybe a bit too geeky but, personally, I wish there’s a way for them to improve the mic’s quality and size to allow for more frequency to come in (esp. the lows). The feature sounds like having a constant high-pass filter (kinda sorta like a hearing aid) which isn’t natural sounding.
  • I wish their algorithms can improve to allow for fade-outs between transitions (like having an extended “release” on a compressor) so it’s not just On or Off.

@Jesse_Hernandez1 @elmo41683

Yes sir. They have not been released yet but should be soon. The journey U also have four microphones for better noise cancellation and transparency mode.

1 Like

Noooo.
I just googled it after reading “four microphones”, I hoped for a product similar in aesthetics to the Liberty + and Air but, Journey U has a neck accessory :(.

Personally, I would’ve preferred this technology used in a over-ear headphone design.

@kts125
Check out the over ear Life 2 headphones they just came out a day or two ago.

2 Likes

Looks good. Maybe I should have requested this for anker 2nd birthday promotion

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
$110 for all that is so good!
I see, pretty much, the same stuff from my searches. Any chance you know more information on it? esp. like, Transparency mode and water+dust resistance?

@Jesse_Hernandez1

@Jesse_Hernandez1
I will suggest keeping Journey U details under wraps for the moment :grin:

@kumar.sachin
I’m not sharing anything that is not public knowledge. All of these details are on the forum.:sunglasses:

I don’t see a water resistance rating or transparency mode on the Life 2 but they do have bass up mode, noise cancellation and come with the 5000mah powerbank. I think they are more geared towards indoor/no sweat use.

2 Likes

Well its not my problem. I guess when you sign an NDA it prohibits any disclosure till the product is launched in public marketplace. Just saying…:grin:

I didn’t even know @Jesse_Hernandez1 was beta testing them… He has simply relayed information already publicly available to other members in the Community.

1 Like

I don’t know who is testing or not. Just that some of the information coming out on the forum is of confidential nature that a person who has seen the product should know.

I never said I was testing them, just sharing info that I have read here on the forum.

If I was I would never violate an NDA.

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can purchase additional sets of replacement ear tips for the Souncore Liberty Air?

You can use any standard eartips, even hybrid eartips. Just be aware that they may not charge in the case with larger eartips and would need to be removed prior to placing them back into the case to charge

Exactly the issue I have seen. Also some have longer connection points preventing them from fitting in the case so looking for something that fits in case or actual dimensions would help. Thanks.

I really like them and I also just reviewed them on Walmart website. The only annoyance with all these case-fitted earphones is the inability to swap out the ear tips with your own. I wish Anker offered an XL size ear tips of their own that can still fit in the Liberty Air case. I have big ears and while Large fits okay, I’d enjoy XL better, I feel.

Everything else is great.

2 Likes

Great feedback. I think they went that size to make the case of small as possible but I agree larger ear tips would be nice. If you get a chance try out some memory foam tips maybe those we’ll fit better. Welcome to the community.

1 Like

I agree I have big ears too and prefer larger eartips. I have used hybrid eartips but they don’t fit the case so I gave up using them. I did switch to the larger eartips in the package and they seem to be a bit better… Have you given them a try?