Soundcore liberty air left not working

Hi, I bought new soundcore air on ebay. I tried them briefly before Christmas and worked well. Today I tried them again but only the right is working. I’ve tried so many times to reset and pair again but still only the right works. The ebay seller originally purchased them from amazon.de and I have their amazon order number. Its very annoying and I cannot understand why the left won’t work. The right earbud sounds great. Any help is appreciated as I am really determined to get the left to work.

1 Like

First things first, charge up the case and the earbuds fully. then do as follows
Step 1. Take out right earbud and tap the side 4 times wait about 5 seconds and put back into case
Step 2. Same as step 1 but with left side earbud.
3. Take both out at same time and you’ll see the lights on top flashing white or blinking in a breathing like way.
4. Once the buds have started this or are red reconnect to Bluetooth and listen away

5 Likes

Use this video for hard reset. If this doesn’t work email soundcore support.

For me, I keep attempting to reset the right one but it never goes red or blinks in a breathing way. The left is always “breathing” and has only gone red once. After a while of only hearing through the right, the left has made a “powering down “ noise? They’re both adequately charged.

My earphones box says “soundcore liberty”, not “soundcore liberty air”. These are the 100/8 hour playtime version. If these are what you have the reset is different. I had to read the manual because all I could find online was for the other versions.

To reset these hold the button on each for 5 seconds until the light flashes red. Then hold the button on each for 8 seconds until the light turns pink.

Hope this helps someone.

3 Likes

Air did not work now. Since we have 2 versions for this headphone, could you please check if the serial number is printed inside the charging case or attached via a sticker on the USB charging cable? You may refer to the attachment to find the serial number.

If the SN is printed inside the charging case, please try this method:

Step 1. Delete “SoundCore Liberty Air” from your device’s Bluetooth list, and turn off the Bluetooth on your device;

Step 2. Place one earbud in the charging case and make sure it’s charging (The LED indicator will be solid white)

Step 3. Tap and hold the multifunction touchpad of the earbud (currently in the charging case)for 7 seconds until the LED indicator flashed 3 times. This clears the paring information.

Step 4. Put the other earbud in the charging case and repeat Step 3.

Step 5. After the pairing information is cleared, take both earbuds out of the charging case and place them next to each other.

(If pairing is successful the LED indicator on the left earbud will start flashing slowly and the LED indicator on the right earbud will flash rapidly.)

Step 6. Turn on Bluetooth on your device and search for “SoundCore Liberty Air” to connect.

If the SN is on the white sticker on the USB charging cable, please try this method:

1. Remove the right earbud from the charging case. After your phone has connected to Liberty Air, delete it from the list of paired devices. Turn off the Bluetooth. You will see a white light rapidly flashing on the right earbud.

2. Quickly tap the touchpad on the right earbud 4 times. You will see a red light. If there is no red light, tap 4 times again. Put the earbud back into the charging case.

3. Remove the left earbud and quickly tap it 4 times. You will see a red light. Put the earbud back into the charging case.

4. Remove both earbuds from the charging case and place them near each other. If the reset was successful, a white light will flash quickly on the right earbud while the light on the left earbud will flash slowly(breathing-like).

5. Turn on the Bluetooth on your device and find “Soundcore Liberty Air” to pair them.

4 Likes

Is your serial number inside charger case or outside? Apparently they have two versions of the liberty air model so the reset is different. Look below for the information I found for the two

Since we have 2 versions for this headphone, could you please check if the serial number is printed inside the charging case or attached via a sticker on the USB charging cable? You may refer to the attachment to find the serial number.

If the SN is printed inside the charging case, please try this method:

Step 1. Delete “SoundCore Liberty Air” from your device’s Bluetooth list, and turn off the Bluetooth on your device;

Step 2. Place one earbud in the charging case and make sure it’s charging (The LED indicator will be solid white)

Step 3. Tap and hold the multifunction touchpad of the earbud (currently in the charging case)for 7 seconds until the LED indicator flashed 3 times. This clears the paring information.

Step 4. Put the other earbud in the charging case and repeat Step 3.

Step 5. After the pairing information is cleared, take both earbuds out of the charging case and place them next to each other.

(If pairing is successful the LED indicator on the left earbud will start flashing slowly and the LED indicator on the right earbud will flash rapidly.)

Step 6. Turn on Bluetooth on your device and search for “SoundCore Liberty Air” to connect.

If the SN is on the white sticker on the USB charging cable, please try this method:

1. Remove the right earbud from the charging case. After your phone has connected to Liberty Air, delete it from the list of paired devices. Turn off the Bluetooth. You will see a white light rapidly flashing on the right earbud.

2. Quickly tap the touchpad on the right earbud 4 times. You will see a red light. If there is no red light, tap 4 times again. Put the earbud back into the charging case.

3. Remove the left earbud and quickly tap it 4 times. You will see a red light. Put the earbud back into the charging case.

4. Remove both earbuds from the charging case and place them near each other. If the reset was successful, a white light will flash quickly on the right earbud while the light on the left earbud will flash slowly(breathing-like).

5. Turn on the Bluetooth on your device and find “Soundcore Liberty Air” to pair them.

4 Likes

You have an Upgraded Soundcore liberty. These are rebranded Zolo Liberty.

1 Like

This helped me, I have these and lost my manual, couldn’t find the right one online, and was having the connection problem with the left. This reply saved the day, thank you!

2 Likes

Sounds like a dirty charge connector. Dry cleaning with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol.

Or it could have powered down because it was not connected to anything (other earbud or phone) either way there are good reset procedures in this topic.

1 Like

Same, I just got my liberty air EarPods and the left side stopped connecting. I’ve tried everything to rest them, but nothing works.
I feel that I have wasted a lot of Money now.

Go to YouTube there are videos on how to reset them, there are a number of videos on how to do it so try each different method.

How about some links homie?

Ditto this comment! I tried to reset it so many ways. The step by step adviced helped me to get my left ear bud working again. Happy days!

Thanks for sharing!

mine too the version is “soundcore liberty” Model IC 2345/A3912 very minimal details online (WTH). I was able to get the red-to-pink function you did but instead of light flashing red after 5 sec, mine was light blinks red once…then then the 8 seconds to pink. I deleted from my Windows 10, turned OFF blue tooth. Waited 30-60 seconds. pulled both earpieces out, let them sync to each other. Left didn’t “breathe” this time but rather intermittent blink. Turned on BT, added soundcore liberty, I now have sound again on this model. ya gotta get that ligt to turn pink it appears.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH Travis_HG!!! I have had mine for over 6 months with no issues… I threw my box away and the labeling has been rubbed off on my case. NO ONE talks about the version we have! This INSTANTLY fixed my issue!!! Thank you so much for posting this! Holding 8 seconds after powering down was exactly the fix.

Thank you, this fixed it for me.

Does anyone have trouble pressing the buttons to get the light red? I been trying for hours but the two sides are just not pairing and the light won’t come up red…

1 Like

for me the left earbud isnt even lighting up and i noticed that if i removed the left bud and inserted it again like over 20 times it would light up once its in the case and then i have to reset it and it would connect with the right earbud BUT it stays connected to the right earbud for like a minute and then the whole things happens again and i have to redo what i said above, To be honest this is my first product that i have bought from Anker and having this experience is just a bad image for the company and the product hopefully there is a way to fix it permanently.

Excellent thanks :slight_smile: worked perfectly

1 Like