Soundcore Flare (single) Review

Thanks for sharing your review!

1 Like

Nice review, would’ve loved to see the LED lights in a pic or two. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll see what I can do.

May be I will take some photos tomorrow for you.
But now an old man has to go to bed and read some interesting books.

great review! good job!!!

1 Like

Enjoy.

Thank you for your review. I just received one of these today and went outside and paired it with an Amazon Dot that I have outside. Unfortunately, I am not receiving anywhere near the bluetooth range that you are experiencing. It loses connectivity and I have to re-establish the connection every couple of minutes. I’ve tried it from 30 feet way, 10 feet and 5 feet. Is there any way to improve the stability of the connection? Does the Amazon Dot not put out a strong enough signal? Does the fact that it’s 98 degrees under the shade have anything to do with the reception?

Great review!!! Been waiting for someone to do one! I agree USB c would have been nice. But still looks like an amazing product

Nice! Thanks love it!

LOL. I just noticed that most of the video doesn’t have sound :confused:

I have a pair and they work fantastic in stereo. Once you pair them the first time they’ll automatically connect to each other when you turn them on, and the buttons on one will control the other. So if you change the lights or turn on Bass up on one, it will do so on the second unit as well. Even the power button syncs, you you can quickly turn them both off.

My only issue is it is hard to tell which one is which channel, though I don’t know how they would solve that (maybe have a firmware update make a button combo flash the leds?).

Stereo mode supports Aux input, Anker support told me otherwise but it turns out it works. Also the auto-shutdown does not occur if they are plugged into a charger, so if you wanted to you could set these up as computer speakers or something. Maybe hook them up to a Chromecast Audio.

My second unit originally had the fabric a bit messed up, but Anker quickly replaced it for me.

You mean there’s no left/right channel? If yes, then it’s not a stereo setup :frowning:

The first unit which is paired to your BT source (or connected via aux) is your left channel…you should be able to see this within the app. It’s possible they might in future app updates give a method to the LED on the left or right speaker can be made to blink for quicker / easier identification…

It is definitely stereo when paired together, myself @ndalby and others have confirmed this

1 Like

You actually can choose whether you want to use a pair of them in Stereo or Boost mode. But yes, it is stereo when you choose that option.

I have noticed that when you’re using a pair that the lights don’t quite sync, which is a little annoying. haven’t noticed any delay in sound between a pair though.

There is a way to tell the different channels apart if you open the app and click on the left or right speaker whichever speaker you clicked on will make a tone.

4 Likes

Great review! Now I’m starting to feel perhaps I should have gone better than then motion B that I purchased… sigh. :frowning:

Great review @iroast looks a nice speaker :smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Much appreciated :smiley:

Thanks to you too!