Soundcore Flare Portable Bluetooth 360° Speaker Review

Hi all,

Here is my review of the Soundcore Flare Portable speaker.

In the box

Packaged in very smart packaging as is expected by Anker products, in the box there is the speaker with USB charging cable and instructions manual.

Speaker

The speaker itself is IPX7 rated and is ideal for parties or in the garden. The unit itself seems very high quality with a mesh like fabric cover and rubberised top and bottom to aid grip.

There is also a coloured ring of light but more on this below.

At the top is the usual bluetooth controls with volume and a bass boost function.

On the rear is a rubberised cover with charging and an aux jack (no cable is supplied) to allow direct connection.

The unit feels very good quality with a little weight to it and was about the size of 1.5 cola cans.

Functionality

The speaker itself was really easy to setup and seamlessly paired with an iPhone. Music seemed to be of good quality and went pretty loud and bassy for a speaker of this type. There is integration with the phone for calls and Siri in the case of Apple although I haven’t tried this yet, it seems a good feature to have.

There was a Soundcore app on the Apple AppStore which once downloaded allowed firmware upgrades (nice touch) to fix bugs/add new features. Once installed there was a firmware update downloaded which whilst simple to do and worked, took a little while I guess because of Bluetooth speed.

The app also allows the sound to be customised and allow configuration of the light ring at the bottom from chilled through to energy and static which can alter colours in time to music which is fun especially at night.

The unit can be paired with a second unit wirelessly to provide a wider stereo sound which is good although I haven’t tried this yet.

Battery life seems good with upto 10 hours quoted depending on usage/lights and it seems to be holding up well.

Summary

I would recommend this speaker to anyone looking for a flexible outdoor speaker which is waterproof and is ideal for parties, barbecues etc. The lights are nice touch as is the app available to receive updates and configure this further.

Another high quality speaker from Anker well done :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Good review @Tobyw thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great write up. Thanks!

Cool picture I like the granite countertop good choice for a background.

Thanks for posting your review! Great job! :thumbsup:

Good job with the review :slight_smile:

You may want to consider moving this into the Soundcore section.

1 Like

Cheers, tried earlier but was having a few site errors. Seems good now.

1 Like

Great write up, and pu dig the granite countertops and how seamless the speaker blends in. Perfect for when cooking and listening to music, as it will never seem out of place there.