Soundcore Flare Mini - Adorable & Powerful

I have 2 flares and they are some of my favorite speakers. My favorite things would be the battery life and the sound, the battery can surely last a whole day, the sound is what got me the most though. Being a long time Anker user I already knew it would sound good but the bass it reproduced was amazing, it still suprises me to this day.

2 Likes

Regarding battery life the MOTION+ is extraordinary.

But mobility?
Weight and measurement.

For home use : The MOTION+
For strolling around, as you young folks are doing
(I really do hope so! :smiley:)
go for a FLARE

1 Like

Agreed. App access for this would have been really nice. I wonder if that’s something that can come down the road with a firmware update? … or more likely, in the Mini 2. lol

@andrewGholden374, I agree. Between battery life and sound, I’m constantly impressed by Anker’s speakers.

@Chiquinho, the “baby-Flare” is so cute. It would be awesome if you could pair all the Flares together to extend how far the sound reaches. Then you can add a baby to your family of speakers. haha.

1 Like

I do remember seeing a thread on how to pair all of these :wink: this is still a possibility !

For real?! That would be awesome! Was it on here?

Found it Here

Interesting! So you basically pair the speakers with some GH devices and then have all those GH devices in a speaker group to play the same audio out of any speaker that’s connected to the GH devices. Very clever!

@TheCharneco

I have tried using the dual audio feature on my Note 9 and connecting two regular (Flares Bluetooth 4.2) and (2 Flare+'s Bluetooth 5.0) and they were slightly out of sync. I’m assuming they were out of sync because the different Bluetooth protocols and that it would work if you had four of the same speakers. 4 regular Flares or 4 Flare+.

That being said the Flare mini also uses 4.2 so they might be able to be synced perfectly with two regular Flares also BT 4.2

OR two Flare+ BT 5.0 and two Flare S+ BT 5.0 (when the Flare S+ is released.)

1 Like

Plus there are ideas from @Tank and @TheDude on the same thread!

Yes this is the reason.

So it should be possible to pair those using the same bt protocols

If you keep playing with 4 speakers synced, it will eventually normalize and be in sync. You can also adjust the play speed so they will be in sync.

The reason for the delay has nothing to due with bluetooth protocol being different, its an inherent feature of using dual audio. It even states, at least on my phone, that when dual audio is enabled there will be audio lag.

1 Like

giphy

EDIT

:fire::fire: REMIX :fire::fire:

2 Likes

Great review and photos as always!

1 Like

Great review and photos!

1 Like

Two :+1::+1:on the review!

1 Like

Excellent review and photos as usual @TheCharneco , the third pic is a classic :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great review… as always! I too have the flare and at the pricepoint of the mini can’t see going that direction, not unless it is a third of the price of the original flare. My kids love their flares, kinda hard to top that one!

1 Like

Great review I love the pictures I am getting one soon using the 20% off code from amazon uk :blush: makes it £39.99 hope it lives up to all the hype around it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! I truly love the Flare speakers. They sound really good and are so portable!

@Alex_Honnor, are you going to be getting the Mini or the OG Flare? Is the UK price difference between the two also pretty small? Right now, the US Amazon has a $10 off coupon, so there’s a $20 difference between the two, but ordinarily there’s only a $10 difference.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the same as the us (flare mini)

1 Like