Soundcore Flare dual speaker review

Soundcore knocks it out of the park with the Flare. At about the size of a large candle, the Soundcore Flare Portable Bluetooth 360° is a convenient size for those on the go. The 360° aspect of the speaker and light up feature make it an ideal centerpiece, as the sound quality is consistent, no matter what side of it you are on. Not only that, the sound quality is great, even at high volume. Honestly though, I’ve only got a chance to go up to 80%, because these things gets LOUD but did not distort. Calling features worked as expected and the other person on the call was able to hear me clearly. One fair comparison would be to the Soundcore Boost, which has better bass, but lacks the 360 aspect, as well as the fact that the Flare can pair with another Flare speaker(and possibly the Flare+, but we’ll see soon enough). This feature replicates one of the best aspects of headphones: the ability to have different sounds channels from the left and right (true stereo) and does a great job with no audio lag between speakers like some other brands I have used. This allows more immersive listening experience, and overall comparable to a full home sound system. Paired with the adjustable LED light ring at the bottom and solid sleek hard rubberized and fabric design give it a very premium feel. This speaker has the features to keep the party going while sounding and looking great. $60 is on the lower end of the spectrum for mid sized speaker prices, and the Flare outperforms most (if not all) speakers at this price point that I have tested. While not quite as much bass as other very high end speakers, this is a very good value and great budget option, and is especially great if you want to connect two speakers without Bluetooth 5.0(saving even more money). I would highly recommend this speaker/speakers to anyone especially those who spend a lot of time near water or sand.

P.s. The led lights can be turned off via the light button on the top of the speaker or with the SoundCore app.

10 Likes

Thanks for the review. It looks awesome. I’ll love to try one out :grinning:

I’m afraid I under sold the sound quality of these speakers I’ve been rocking out since I received the second speaker this afternoon. I like my music loud and rarely go above 70% volume.

1 Like

Thanks for the review. I was about to ask about the lights but you answered it with your “P.s. The led lights can be turned off via the light button on the top of the speaker or with the SoundCore app.” :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder if it could be used as tv speakers?

You could pair it with a Fire TV stick via Bluetooth or get a rca to headphone cable and use the aux input provided your TV has rca audio out. Soundcore is releasing a 40w TV sound bar soon that looks pretty sweet. Both flare speakers paired together are 24w and rock the house so a 40w sound bar should be more than enough for basic TV viewing.

2 Likes

Good review, thanks for sharing :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m working on my review skills. The review could have easily been twice as long these speakers a packed with features, but decided to keep it short and sweet. I’m having a blast with these speakers haveing portable true stereo is a game changer. I can’t wait for the Flare+ coming in August.

They do look the biz, certainly on my list of ‘to test’ this year :grin:

Good review :clap:t2:

I saw the flare on Amazon and it looks black, but your pic shows as grey. Is there colour options available in different parts of the world?

It’s more of a dark grey fabric and black on top and bottom. I believe it will eventually be available in black, red and blue top and bottom in all regions with matching fabric on the sides. I’m very impressed with the Aesthetics and slightly wider base that makes it hard to tip over. I spy Anker blue Flare in the background :grinning:

1 Like

The flare really is a great speaker; I love mine. I can’t imagine what the flare+ will be like.

1 Like

Do you think the LED ring is nesessary or should they put the effort into more bass?

Great review @Jesse_Hernandez1

They certainly look great and would look great either end of the tv.

1 Like

They already developed the led ring and I think it’s a fun cool new feature. The bass is adequate it’s just not as punchy as the Boost. But again the Flare is 12watt and the Boost 20w. The Flare+ should be amazing.

2 Likes

Great review I’m really wanting a set of these. I already have a handful of Bluetooth speakers but nothing like these.

1 Like

I can’t wait to get my hands on a couple Flare+ I’m going to try to connect two Flares and two Flare+ at the same time via Bluetooth 5.0 on my Note 8 as these speakers sync to each other and BT5.0 has dual audio capabilities. That way I will be surrounded by four speakers and a light show😀 @Element321 I say go if if your budget allows and gift your old speakers to spread the good word about Anker products or wait for the Flare+ coming in August if punchy bass is important to you.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I’m about to get a new phone and its BT5.0 I might have to try that!

1 Like

Great review, @Jesse_Hernandez1! Thanks for posting it!

1 Like

Awesome review. Wish I could get the same pair like that :slight_smile: