Soundcore Boost

I have a power cord and aux plugged into my Soundcore Boost. It is turning off automatically. Is there any way to stop this?

1 Like

On previous SoundCore releases connecting via an aux cable would prevent the speaker from entering power save mode (which 10 minutes of BT inactivity would cause) but I canโ€™t honestly say if that is the case for newer models such as the Boost. You would be best emailing support@anker.com with your issue, troubleshooting steps taken and device serial for additional support/information on power saving features and/or if you device has a fault.

is it turning off while playing music or is it when it sits idle?

What music app are you using? Are you using Android, iOS, or Windows? I know that Spotify running on Android has a know issue similar to what you describing. It mostly happens when you are Bluetooth connected but I can get it to happen the aux cable as well.

Thank you for your question. We confirm it is the power save mode. The SoundCore Boost speaker will be auto power off in 10 minutes when Bluetooth disconnected or no music played in 30 minutes. Under aux-in mode, it will auto power off in 10 minutes if no music played. We understand it may cause the inconvenience for connecting it with Echo Dot, we will consider improving the power save mode for the upgraded version. Thank you for the understanding.

2 Likes

An optional software update that could prevent the speaker from turning off when plugged in would be terrific. I use the Boost as a laptop speaker and find myself having to turn the speaker on again several times a day. Itโ€™s annoying as hell.

3 Likes

I couldnโ€™t agree more. It makes perfect sense to power off when using Bluetooth, but not when connected via Aux!

2 Likes

Great idea @AnkerSupport I find that some speakers are compatible with Amazon Dot but others are not - would be great if going forward all Anker speakers be compatible with Amazon Dot. That will also increase potential market :slight_smile:

Perhaps even better is to have firmware option (via button press) to enable or disable power save mode - thus keep everyone happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upgrading the firmware solves the issue :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttBlKI_7zg

The speaker now stays awake when plugged in by power supply.

Thank you Anker for listening to customers and making a fix! Mad respect.

2 Likes