Soundcore Boost stops charging when connected to computer

I’ve had the speaker for about a month. When I plug it into the computer it begins charging and seems to complete a full charge but when I come back the next day the battery is completely drained even though it has been connected the entire time. I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in for it to begin charging again. Is there a solution to this?

You may try it with a “normal charger”.

3 Likes

Hi @Tony_Jepson , as mentioned by @fhassm have your tried to complete a full charge using a wall charger…depending on your PC’s USB port type (or general port setup) you were likely not drawing the required 5V/2A for optimal charging.

3 Likes

Hi @Tony_Jepson

Try using a different cable and wall charger. Ideally, the charger should be 5V/2A or above.
If it still doesn’t work, please contact support@anker.com, we will help you to make a replacement.:innocent:

3 Likes

Just a quick note: if your computer goes to sleep, it can actually drain (instead of charge) the items connected to it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your responses and suggestions. I tried charging it with a wall charger–5V/3.4A, and a different cable. A few hours later the power indicator showed a full charge. I left it plugged in over night and in the morning the power indicator showed 3 out of 4 dots. I’m thinking that the defect is with the speaker.?.?

1 Like

I’ve received a replacement speaker and it is working perfectly. Thank you Anker for providing great product support and for standing behind your products! It’s good to know there are companies like this that we can count on and trust.

3 Likes