Soundcore Boost startup/connection sound

Earbuds don’t work when you are a side sleeper. Too uncomfortable.

I thought you are watching TV and not sleeping.:grin:

1 Like

I too don’t like Model Zero’s startup/shutdown sounds. There should be always an option to disable them through sound core app

The dot series is pretty flush with the ears. I have comparable ones and am a side sleeper.

tpc22 thank you, this worked for me and avoided unnecessary intrusive sounds at an Interment.

1 Like

Disabling voice prompt worked for me too on soundcore flare 2. Going for more speakers now!

Thank you for posting this! I just bought the Soundcore 3, and this same thing worked for me. It was annoying with the previous models as well, so I’m glad there is finally a solution.

Echoing thanks to tpc22. Was getting annoying waking everyone up when I want to use the speaker for a bit of quiet white noise with that obnoxious power on sound blasting.

This sort of stuff should be a clearly defined toggle for all speakers!

I bought souncore 2 today and tomorrow will return it because of this annoying noise. Do you guys even have a R&D team? Nobody told you that these sounds may annoy customers? I read some comments on amazon before I bought it but didn’t see such a point.

There is no way to interrupt this “noise”.
You have to stand it or send the speaker back.,

You should send your criticisms to the support.
By the way we are not the support here.

1 Like

Just received my Soundcore Boost (upgraded). The start-up sound is indeed annoying and my previous branded speaker allowed me to turn this off in the app. As mentioned before on this thread, the Voice Prompt setting can be turned off and this resolves the issue.

Hello all, and ofc, @Chiquinho :grin:

In 2016 I bought the Anker SoundCore from Amazon. Loved this speaker.

In 2023 I lost it because of a flood.

I re-ordered the same device, but its not quite the same. The power on and power off sounds are now rediculous imo.

Who wants a WOOSH and POP each time they power on?!?!

Anyway, so I loved my original (although it’s listed as the same product, i just clicked buy again and Purchased 2 times.) but cant stand these sounds and will be returning if cant turn off.

I want help please from the community to clarify:

1.) Can I turn off the WOOSH POP?

1.b) If not, can I on the SoundCore 2? Or 3?!

1. Does the SoundCore 2 and 3 have 3.5mm Jack Aux-in?
    (The Amazon listings details are contradictory, one page says yes, another says no)

Thank you Anker Community!
Bob

P.s. Q, can I hack it in some way to turn off the WOOSH POP sound in a unoffical way?

There is obviously no change to get rid of those sounds.

1 Like

Thanks @Chiquinho but on the 2 or 3 also? and the aux-in jacks?

I don’t know, I never took care about and I don’t own this model.
But i can tell you, there was some discussion about and no solution given by soundcore.

2 Likes