Soundcore Boost charging issue

Hi :wave:
I recently purchased the excellent Soundcore Boost to pair with my Echo Dot. I’m not using it as a portable/mobile speaker and am keeping it plugged in to an Anker 2-Port 24W wall charger using the supplied micro USB cable the Soundcore Boost shipped with. From fully charged, if I leave the speaker on overnight (no audio), the next morning when I try to listen to either bluetooth audio from my phone or the Echo Dot, there’s no audio coming from the Soundcore Boost. So I go and check the speaker and it’s plugged in and on, but the battery is drained.

Am I wrong in my assumption that the speaker should charge while on? I’m also surprised that when at the zero-charge situation I described, despite being on, if I power it off and turn it back on, it immediately starts charging, but can only output audio for about 2 or 3 minutes before being drained and dropping audio again (and the unit remains on, but then doesn’t charge while turned on) I’ve tried three different outlets in my house and also tried my second Anker 2-Port 24W wall charger I bought in case that was the problem.

Any advice/assistance in helping me troubleshoot this problem (or my misunderstanding) would be appreciated. :smile: :thumbsup:

HI @Tom_L , as far as I am aware you are be able to charge the speaker during use, like most of the SoundCore range. As you have tried another wall charger, can I ask have you tried another micro USB cable for charging? In the event another micro USB cable fails to resolve I would suggest reaching out to support@anker.com as you may have a faulty speaker.

Hi @Tom_L, it seems like you may receive a faulty speaker, we are more than happy to help you solve this issue. Could you please contact us via support@anker.com? We will help you out ASAP. Thanks

@ndalby, your recommendation to change out the USB cord which was supplied with the speaker with a different one (I used a 6ft Anker red cable I had lying around) was the solution! The one that comes with the unit works as a USB cord for data, but for whatever reason, it was unable to provide a consistent current to charge the unit. Thanks so much!

@AnkerOfficial This matter has been resolved, thanks so much for the offer of replacing it, but I think it’s all fixed now! :smile:

Thanks again, @ndalby :thumbsup:

1 Like

Your most welcome! Glad to hear your now able to rock out with your SoundCore.

@Tom_L I found this thread from searching google because I am having the same exact issue with my soundcore boost. Just ordered an anker 6ft cable on amazon to see if it solves the problem. Have you had anymore issues since switching the cable or is everything working smoothly now?

The longer the cable, the more length there is for some kind of fault, so longer cables are less reliable. You can mitigate this via a thicker cable which prevents narrower bend radius so less force on the conductor inside, but that then ends up quite a weight of cable.

On average 1:10 cables have a problem, more so with longer cables unless they are of the thicker kind.

To debug issues just another short USB cable, as a cable issue is 1:10 then it is 1:100 chance two cables are bad so if the problem persists with two cables, it then becomes more like something else, like the charger or the device (e.g. speaker) itself.

There’s definitely an issue with my soundcore boost; I was playing at 10 percent for about half an hour and I went from 100 Percent to 75 Percent.
Not only that but when using other usb cables other than the one supplied, when unplugged from a “full charge” (4 leds) it shows 3 leds.

To provide better service for you, could you please draw a email to support@anker.com? We will help you out ASAP. Thanks

Hey,

I also have this issue. I have received a replacement again, and this unit is also faulty. It seems there is a hardware issue with the units that you use for the actual charger port. It works for a short period of time, then breaks. I love the sound and overall quality of the unit – but if it doesnt charge, what good is it? I have already sent back one unit to recieve another, and the one you sent me has a problem once again.

I would love to keep supporting Anker, but I dont know if I will purchase another Anker product in the future. There are lots of other speakers at the same price that dont have nearly as many issues.

Thanks.

What exact issue are you having? And if it’s the charging port have you tried different cable or charging plug? What have you tried or didn’t and have you reached out to anker support

Hi:

I buy an Anker soundcore boost in november 2017. Yesterday when I listen music the speaker stop playing. I thought the speaker ran out of charge, but when I plugged in to charge it, it did not do anything Neither the speaker and the lights do not light. I check the cable and it is oK. The speaker is death.

Can you help me. I like this product is an excellent speaker with a great sound quality.

Thanks

L Mendez

Hi @Luz_Eneida_Mendez , have you tried a different cable and power source (wall charger, PowerCore etc) to eliminate these as a cause and/or if connected to a power source does the speaker power on, if not charge?

I would try these steps first and report back your findings. You could also however send an email to support@anker.com with your item serial no, purchase date and troubleshooting steps taken for your issue. Be aware though that it is currently their holiday period so response times will be longer than the normal 1-2 days.

1 Like