SoundCore 2 Issues with Bluetooth Pairing/Switching devices

I’m having the same problem with my newly purchased SoundCore 2, which my son and I are sharing. I’m returning mine to Amazon. Surprised a company that makes such quality products like Anker would market a flagship speaker with such a glaring flaw. This is the only one of my Bluetooth speakers that doesn’t pair automatically with an unlimited number of previously paired devices. A shame, as this is a really nice speaker. Grab it if you’re only pairing with one device!

Try only pressing the bluetooth button on the SoundCore 2 once for 2 seconds. Each time you redo that you are forcing the device to un-pair other devices. You could try the 8 second power reset too.

In summary:

1. Forget the SoundCore 2 from all devices
  2. Reset SoundCore 2 (8-sec power button) (might be unnecessary)
  3. 2-sec on BT button, see flashing blue light
  4. Connect 1st device - solid blue, then disconnect (do not choose “forget”), flashing blue
  5. Connect 2nd device, then disconnect
  6. Connect 3rd device, then disconnect
    And so on…

I have 4 devices on my SoundCore 2 and it looks like I can switch between them without re-pairing.

1 Like

Hey @Doug01 , I’m curious what devices you have connected where you’re able to switch between them without re-pairing. I have tried a lot of things and am using a replacement speaker Ankur sent me, but I still have to “forgot” a device and re-pair it every-time I want to switch.

I’m trying to connect the speaker to iPhone 7 plus on 10.3.3, iPhone 7 on also on 10.3.3, and Macbook Pro.

Ankurs response to my support email is a bit confusing as to whether this is a problem with my speaker or a normal behavior of the speaker. I think that they are saying it is a normal behavior and that The Soundcore 2 will not automatically switch between previously paired devices on startup. It only will connect automatically to the LAST device with which it was paired.

Ankur’s Comment on the issue:
With regards to the connecting issue, kindly note that this speaker can automatically pair with the last device which it paired, if your speaker had paired with a different Bluetooth device, you should first remove it and then re-connect them.

Honestly I’m really more surprised that people aren’t complaining about this issue on this forum, or on Amazon etc.

Despite how frustrating this is I have to admit Ankur support has been really nice about it and as per usual the customer support is very good.

1 Like

What is there to complain about if that is how the speaker is designed to be? I currently own x4 SoundCores which get alternated between an iPhone, Chromebook, iMac, iPod Touch, work phone and I can say the 30 secs to forget and pair to another device doesn’t cause me that much stress…

Members / owners could always make a suggestion to Anker for allowing pairing of multiple devices for a future revision or new product.

I’m having a discussion here on the Ankur forum to get feedback from other owners to see if they have this connectivity problem, and to engage with Ankur for product feedback. Perhaps complain is not a good word, and sure you are correct its only 30 seconds to do this step, but no other speaker on the market that I’ve tried will make you do this to switch devices, so for that reason I think its a big deal

Hi @zach1,

iPhones, Macbook, Windows laptop. Same iOS version as you. Did you try my steps?

Pair all your devices that first time and stop pressing the BT button for 2 seconds as this unpairs older devices. Pair your first device, disconnect via the device, pair your second device, disconnect via the device, etc. I’m not sure this has to all be done at the same time but it worked for me (in other words in my case can I add a fifth device when the SoundCore 2 powers up provided I have no other devices grabbing the BT radio - don’t know). Repetitively pressing the BT button on the Anker SoundCore 2 for 2 seconds means you’ll be forever forgetting and re-pairing all your devices, which I don’t have to do.

Let us know if that works for you

1 Like

Indeed it is a flaw. I’m having this exact same problem. No other bluetooth speakers I have (which are many!) have this problem. Having to forget a device and pair it anew is rather silly. At a minimum, I should be able to shut off bluetooth on one of the devices so it connects to the other, but not even that works.

The SoundCore 2 sounds great and has a great price, but this bluetooth bug is more hassle than the speaker is worth. I regret buying three and recommending the speaker to friends.

1 Like

Hi @D_93654, did you try the method I suggested. I don’t have to “forget” any devices. I agree the manual is not clear. Pressing the BT button resets all pairings (only do this one time if you want to connect multiple devices). You have to “disconnect” from various devices to get them all paired. I have 4 devices I can connect with my SoundCore 2 and never have to “forget” and re-pair any of them. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m having similar problems with the pairing of multiple devices with Soundcore 2.
I pair and connect the first device, disconnect and then turn on and pair the second device. When I turn off (or disconnect via settings) the second device, the first one cannot connect automatically, nor by holding the Bluetooth key on the speaker, nor by clicking the connect button in the settings of the device. The only way to reconnect the first device is to do “forget this device”, turn off/turn on the Bluetooth in device setting and pair the device from scratch.
I’ve tried the steps that @Doug01 mentions and that didn’t work too, I’m not sure how he managed to that at all because this - and also from all other posts - is some fundamental flaw of this product especially considering its nature. Being able to relatively easy switch between devices is essential for a movable speaker, which can be used by more than one device and one person (and one who also have a couple of devices).
From what I see on this thread nobody has given a solution for this matter, nor has Anker support have come clear about their product which btw is a best seller, and also for all the other points - battery life, quality of materials, good sound for the price range - a very good quality product.
If somebody has a viable solution you are more than welcome…

1 Like

You can always reach out to support@Anker.com and ask them for help. Ad far as I know the speaker is not designed with multi device support, maybe a future update will fix that but it’s also a limitation of the bluetooth standard that is used

1 Like

Hi @Andrej_Andreev ,

Are you pressing the BT button on your speaker a second time (ie. after the first pair) to pair the second device? Per the steps I wrote on Sep 3 pressing the BT button a second time is what caused me problems. Once I stopped doing that (ie. only pressing it once) I was able to keep multiples devices paired.

3 Likes

I am connected with 3 devices on th SoundCore 2 and have no issues.
Devices: iPhone 6, Kindle Fire 8 HD., Alcatel android phone.
I originally connected the devices by disconnecting through the settings on each device.
I also tried pressing the bluetooth button on the soundcore 2 and had 2 different results. When i held down the button for a second then i needed to forget and reconnect the devices. When i tapped the button, it disconnected from the current device but i was easily able to reconnect by selecting the soundcore 2 in my bluetooth settings.
The kindle fire 8 hd connects automatically but the other 2 devices i need to select it from the bluetooth menu.

1 Like

Well, perhaps they can unravel my problem then.
I have two Amazon 7" Kindles, one an older model and the other, the latest generation.
I own a SoundCore (love it as the quality is great)
However, the newer model loses Internet connection after a few minutes of use. (Listening to BBC iplayer for example)
I go to WiFi and I see NO INTERNET CONNECTION.
I switch off the SoundCore and the connection returns. Very annoying.
So you are aware, I have tried THREE new models (Amazon replaced one and I used my daughters) Each time with the same outcome. So, by split half technique, the Soundcore must be at fault or the firmware isn’t compatible with new Generation Kindles.
Listening music or listening books the unit works perfectly. ANY IDEAS???

1 Like

Guys, just faithfully follow the instructions of Doug01. Do yourself a favor of ignoring all other posts. Doug01’s instructions solved this Bluetooth pairing issue.

2 Likes

Really happy to know you solve the problem finally. :innocent:

I haven’t read the other replies yet…

My soundcore 2 has the same issue. One time I came back to my office and somone else paired their phone to my speaker. I was unable to repair my phone, even with turning the soundcore on/off. I just turned off my speaker the rest of the day. The next day I was able to repair my phone.

Another issue I have is with the soundcore is when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to my soundcore surge headphones and I power on the soundcore 2, it automatically disconnects my soundbuds and connects to the soundcore speaker, at the same volume I was previously listening to, which is normally loud.

From what I have noticed, the Bluetooth on the soundcore 2 can be very finicky and troublesome to connect/reconnect. I don’t seem to have these issues when using the Soundcore Boost speaker, but also haven’t tried to switch devices on it yet…

I thought it said in the manual, you can only have 1 device at a time, connected to a SC speaker, and that if you want to use a 2nd source device, you have to treat that a brand new connection. If that doesn’t work, it says, to do RESET, to clear any devices on the SC. Then do a new connection.

On a separate note… @AnkerTechnical
The wattage rating on SC2, is that RMS, or MPO or PMPO? 1watt RMS (6) = 2 WATT MPO (12) = 4 WATT PMPO (24)
And…
Is that the same for all speakers?

Hi @andrewtiangco,

If other devices are connected to your speaker, you must first delete the pairing record from another device and disconnect it, and then pair it with your mobile phone, it will work finally.

Our speaker can only be paired with one device at the same time. If the speakers are paired, the headset will be disconnected.:innocent:

Nothing works. I got this for Mothers Day today. It won’t connect to either my android phone or to my iPad.

This got terrific reviews on Amazon. Back it goes tomorrow!!

So freaking frustrating!!!

1 Like

Strange, I got mine the other day… Lovely red one

Litterally, out the box, turned on… The BT light blinked, turned on bt on my handset (galaxy S8), it showed on the list, I clicked it, and off I went.

Took less than a minute.

Litterally shows up as soundcore 2