Soundcore 2 firmware

It can happen, a auto download and install option would be good for a future software revision…the firmware zip can be found on the same page as the OS installers

The PDF for Soundcore 2 update firmware, is inconsistent. Step 3C refers to “Vol -” + "Play, whereas 3D refers to “Vol +” + “Vol -”.
Which are the correct keys to press?
Also, I have the Soundcore SELECT (Model 3106). I have read that is the same as Soundcore 2 except that it includes Bluetooth NFC.
I cannot find any info on firmware update for the SELECT. Is it same as for Soundcore 2?

Watch Ankers Video in how to update firmware

Yep, thanks for response. I have seen that video. I have a Soundcore Select (Model 3016). Wanted to know if the firmware is same as for Soundcore 2 (Model 3105). Don’t want to “brick” my speaker with wrong firmware. Need confirmation b4 I try upgrading firmware.

1 Like

I would drop support@anker.com an email to confirm but as far as I am aware they are different builds so the firmware would most likely be incompatible.

Thanks. I have sent off an email to Anker support. When I get a reply, will post it so others are informed.

1 Like

I had questions and concerns about my Soundcore Select speaker purchase and was advised by “Ndalby” (a forum moderator) to contact Anker support. I have done this and WOW, they are incredibly responsive and helpful. As promised, I am posting their informative replies to my questions below, for the benefit of all Select owners and forum readers. I am now a fully satisfied and devoted Anker customer :slight_smile:
So, lengthy, but here goes, my questions followed by their answers:
Questions:
1). Are you suggesting that the Select was not affected by the same reasons for the firmware upgrade to the Soundcore 2 in August 2018?

Please note the season for update the firmware for Soundcore 2 is to optimize the microphone issues. Regarding the Soundcore Select, per our customer’s feedback, it doesn’t have the similar issue or other issues to optimize so we don’t have the firmware for this SoundCore select.

2). importantly for me, as the Select does not appear on the product tab on any Anker site, is the Select being supported by Anker now and in the future?

Please note the Soundcore Select mostly is sold offline by our authorized reseller, and Soundcore 2 is sold online by Anker on Amazon and Anker official website. If you purchased this Soundcore Select from US Walmart store and have the receipt and we will offer our warranty and support. While, if you purchased this Soundcore Select from our authorized reseller, per our agreement, they should be responsible for the warranty locally.

3). Did I make the wrong choice and should have bought a Soundcore 2 instead of the Select?

Please note if you purchased this Soundcore Select from US Walmart store and have the receipt and we will offer our warranty and support. While, if you purchased this Soundcore Select from our authorized reseller, per our agreement, they should be responsible for the warranty locally. So just let us know where you purchased this speaker and seller name.

4). Beyond the NFC, what are the differences between the Soundcore 2 and Select models?

I collect the main differences between Soundcore Select and Soundcore 2 speaker as below;

1. The Soundcore Select (A3106) has NFC feature, and the Soundcore 2(A3105) don’t have this function.
  2. The Soundcore Select mostly is sold offline by our authorized reseller, and Soundcore 2 is sold online by Anker on Amazon and Anker official website.

The other features such as output, sound performance…etc are the same.

5).Are you sure that the firmware upgrade for the Soundcore 2 cannot be applied to the Select?

Yes, we are sure. We have a customer mistakenly updated the Soundcore 2 firmware on this Soundcore Select then resulted in broken his Soundcore Select speaker.

3 Likes

Thanks for following up and welcome to the community :sunglasses:

Thanks for the detailed follow up, will certainly help current and future members :thumbsup:

1 Like

I bought Anker Soundcore 2, about 2 years ago… I have updated the firmware yesterday to the latest one (04/19). With this update I got the battery percentage shown in status bar on my smartphone (it didn’t show in previous firmware), but also I got the less bass in the reproducing music. Is there any older firmware of Anker Soundcore 2 which I could download? That sound of Anker in older firmware is a way better than this in the latest update.
Thank you in advance

hi! same problem, i cant fix it. Did you solved it? how?

1 Like

i need original firmware for soundcore select becose flash with soundcore boost firmware download of anker site, this is de one firmware…

my souncore select id deat help me please

presiona el botón de encendido un buen rato hasta que parpadee, y luego lo pulsas otra vez normaal como para encenderlo, te deberia de funcionar.

1 Like

Juan muchas gracias, Lo hice pero no funciono, solo queda el led rojo de encendido fijo, no parpadea, intente varias veces con mas tiempo etc pero no tengo suerte, Anker deberia poner a disposicion el firmware original, ya les envie correo pero nadie responde solo me llego un email con un numero de ticket pero no puede ser que pierda un equipo por algo tan simple como flashar un firmware.

Alguna otra idea Juan?

Yo he contactado con ellos por un problema con mi altavoz y me han mandado el firmware, pero no me ha funcionado, y me lo van a cambiar sin problema

encontre el firmware del soundcore 3105 que no es el original pero me ah funcionado perfecto, dejo el link por si te sirve https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=25&v_moteur=tld&v_mots=soundcore

3 Likes

Solucionaste el problema??, quiero actualizar el firmware pero no me siento seguro por el problema de reducción de bajos, y q otras mejoras trae esa actualización???

It worked for me. | Funcionó para mi. | Ça a marché pour moi.
Thank you. | Gracias. | Merci.

OMG thank you! Couldn’t find the firmware anywhere, why would they take it off the website?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing Qqqqq