SoundCore 2 Bluetooth Speaker review

A classic! Nice review!

Great review! Did the power/aux port cover make you want to take a knife to it the first time you tried to open it? Mine did.

1 Like

i bought one a few months ago and I can not go anywhere without it! The volume is incredible especially in small spaces. The sound quality, build quality and battery life are also fantastic I agree. Great buy! great review!

no mine was and is fine, its meant to be tight for waterproofing

Great review. I can’t wait to get one!

It’s a great little.speaker n backpack friendly.

Enjoy

1 Like

ASAP. Lol seriously you’ll wonder why you didn’t get one earlier! Enjoy!

Great review and pics. :slight_smile:

No knives nor weapons of any sort were used in the process of writing this review. :relieved:

2 Likes

great review!!!

1 Like

Great speaker and review. Personally I prefer the soundcore motion b but the motion b only has a 12hr battery life. The Soundcore 2 is the one to get if you’re going to be away from a power source all weekend or if you are on a budget.

The case is also great and fits both the soundcore 2 and motion b

I have arthritic hands n fingers, and I didn’t need anything to pry/pull open the flap, except using my fingers.

Definitely would like to second this review; this speaker hits the sweet spot for the price range and has good sound range. Comparing to the Sony SRS XB-2, the battery life is longer, the profile is slimmer, and the sound is more neutral. Sony’s speaker has more bass (has an extra bass mode as well), and both are IPX5 rated. Overall, can’t go wrong with this speaker!

Addendum #1

I’ve now since seen a few teardowns of the SoundCore 2 which reveals that the speaker drivers themselves are marked/stamped (on the drivers themselves) as “5W” (or 5 watts), in some cases questioning Anker’s advertised “6 watt x 2” specification. While this “5W” driver rating may be true, speaker drivers themselves are usually stamped with the speaker’s handling capacity, not the amplifier’s wattage. The amplifier used to drive the speakers may in fact produce more power. I personally feel that the spec used by Anker (in the SoundCore 2’s case, 6W x 2) reflects the amplifier wattage and not the speaker handling wattage.

Excellent review! Very extensive and detailed. Love the pictures too! Thanks for letting us know what battery life is like because that is my concern when getting bluetooth speakers.

Excellent review & follow up addendums @SZak2015 :thumbsup:

Good eye, nice catch.

Maybe the bass boost, boosts the spkr to 6w?

Anker wouldn’t be the first company to overpower/overclock the equipment.

Addendum #2

The Soundcore 2 advertises “Huge Stereo Sound” which at first I thought was a marketing ploy/gimmick. Upon further testing of this little guy, it truly is a stereo speaker. Initially, I expected to hear both left and right audio channels play through both drivers (mono mix) but further listening/testing reveals that the left audio channel is indeed played through the left driver and the right audio channel is indeed played through the right driver.

I verified using older Van Halen tracks (David Lee Roth era) where the guitar is panned hard left…sure enough, close listening (you need to get the speaker close to your head/face and centered) reveals a true left/right stereo image.

I also tested using Audacity (audio editing software) where you can pan/isolate the audio channels with the same result.

The SoundCore 2 is turning out to be my favorite speaker as far as sound quality goes (not great with sheer volume however), even beating out the more powerful Motion Q.

I tested the left and right channel with my flare and reported the same. It truly is left and right stereo sound