Soundbuds IE10 volume issue

Hi! I just received my IE10, but I have an issue when I'm in a voice call: volume is very low and when I raise the volume up, it just raises a little, very few. But If put it on maximum, it's just too much: the difference between maximum and maximum -1 is too much, one is too loud, one less is too low.
Does anybody have the same problem?
Wondering if I have to give them back to amazon…
Sorry for my english :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried changing the volume separately on your phone to see if that is more acceptable?

I tried with both volume control on the ie10 and on the phone, nothing changes :frowning:
to be more precise, the volume gap is between two marks below the maximum and one mark below the maximum

1 Like

Does your phone have sound deadening? As in it senses your ambient noises and adjusts the microphone’s volume?

Also, are you running music apps in the background as the call is going on or any other app? I don’t know why but I’ve had apps mess with my music volume when they’re open. Haven’t experienced it on a call yet.

no sound deadening as I know… tried to close all apps in background, reboot the device, but nothing changed. I really don’t know if it’s my phone’s problem, or I should send them back to amazon…

1 Like

Any chance you can try them with a different device?

But the issue happens on all calls, right? Are wired headphones better?

I’ll try as soon as I can on another iphone 7…
it happens on calls, right. But this doesn’t happen with apple lightning earbuds

1 Like

That’s weird. Its probably the EQ interfering? Did you try the different modes on the soundbuds?
I tried to see if the problem was happening with others, but most say the volume is low on the phone itself (when you hold it up to the ear). From people leaving the plastic on the phone, some say that a hard reset has fixed the issue but this was with the phone itself, don’t know if it’ll help with the headset.

These are Apples steps to fix call volume issues (but on the phone itself, doesn’t specify headsets)

Thanks for your support! unfortunately it doesn’t depend on the equalizer… I’ll send them back tomorrow, maybe I’ll surrender using the adapter :stuck_out_tongue: I really don’t know which other lightning earbuds to buy…

1 Like

or give bluetooth a try lol hope you find something that works for you!

1 Like

I have the exact same issue which is extremely annoying. Maybe it’s just a fault with the headphones

1 Like

If you are able to replicate on more than one device and if changing the sound mode (balance, clear voice, super bass) on the inline remote has no effect, it’s possible you may have a defective pair. I would reach out to support@anker.com with your serial, issue and troubleshooting steps taken for further assistance with your issue under warranty.

I have the same issue as the original post by Stefano_Mestroni. There is a design problem with volume for cellular (not VOIP) phone calls. The volume is ok for playing music but when going to a phone call, both the volume of the headphone output and also the microphone are extremely too low - you have to increase the volume to max or just 1 bar below maximum to have an operable phone call. I had purchased 4 pairs of these and they all exhibit the same problem on iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 7. It also doesn’t matter which of the 3 EQ modes is used - the volume is simply too low to use. There is an Anker Play app that might be able to update the firmware of the headphones, but my headphones all state that they are up to date.

This is a design issue that Anker needs to fix! I do NOT recommend these if you need to make phone calls.

1 Like