Soundbud Slim: Very low battery backup

Hi there,

I have recently bought a Soundbud Slim earphone from Dubai. It sounds good, but the problem is the battery backup. It won’t play for even 2 hrs! It is really frustrating!

So,
Q1: Is there anything that I could try to resolve the battery issue?

Q2: I am in Bangladesh right now, but the earphone was bought in Dubai. It’s not easy for me to send this earbud to Dubai to claim warranty. Is there any way to claim the warranty in Bangladesh? or Suggest me something that could resolve my issue.

Would like to hear from you…

Wahiduzzaman
tomarjonnonoy@gmail.com

1 Like

Where did you buy them from Dubai?

It was an online store, https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/

One of my sister stays there. She bought it and send it to me.

I’m not sure if they are an authorised Anker retailer. Are you able to shed any light on this query and help guys… @elmo41683 or @ndalby

Well that company was brought out by Amazon and in that past was authorized as Ankers team in Twitter use to point people to that site .

@Wahiduzzaman_AKM how long have you charged the earbuds? And how are you charging them, as in via a wall socket-computer-battery pack?

1 Like

Whenever the light turns blue from red, I plug it out (most of the time - within one hour, the light turns blue). Isn’t that the right way? If I’m missing anything, please tell me.
I have been using this for two weeks max, and most of the time I charge it via PC’s USB or using power bank.

1 Like

Power bank, that’s the key to why you may be getting such a low run time. Most power bank turn off when charging such a low current draw device and this may be why your not getting the stated run time. Please from now on charge via a wall plug and or computer only … Also leave it plugged in to charged for at least 3 hours

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I would try and let you know the status.

2 Likes

Seconding what @elmo41683 has mentioned, try recharging via a wall adapter or your computers USB port…while I’ve not had any issues myself from recharging via a PowerCore most do not support trickle charging (for device with low current draw) which is why you might no be getting the fully charging and time capabilities of the SoundBuds…

Well, sometimes it is of use to “train” the batteries. That means, use the earphone until discharged and charge it. Repeat for several times. Maybe it gets better. I wish you good luck !

I’ve tried recharging via a wall adapter, but no change :frowning: . Another thing I forgot to mention - If I turn it off manually (with charge left, lets say 60%) and turn it back on after 4/5 hours, its cold dead! is it normal? I used other brand’s bluetooth earbuds, but this didn’t happen for those.

Really pissed with these issues :disappointed:

1 Like

Update: my soundbud slim is completely dead now! It shows the charging led, but does not turn on :frowning:

At this point I suggest you reach out to support@anker.com, let them know what is going in and see what they can do for you.

1 Like

Sounds like a defective battery in the unit. As mentioned by @elmo41683 reach out to support@anker.com with your issue, troubleshooting steps taken and purchase date. They will be able to assist and replace the defective earbuds under your warranty…