Solar Organics

I would like to see the new organic solar cells in tents, vehicles, roads and sidewalks. Anywhere you can collect energy and create electricity.

I donā€™t know what to think about solar for the moment. The German government supported you to install solar panels, but they stopped the program.

I think one of the reasons was the production process and how much carbon dioxide they produced in it.

Someone built a tent that had solar panels integrated, but its cost was so high that only a handful of people brought it and the company stopped making them. I too wyld like to see this become wide spread and implemented into many everyday products we use and see

1 Like

We have so many smart people in the world, and have had brilliant minds in the recent past. It just blows my mind that Elon seems to be the only one spearheading innovation in sectors that have been stale for no apparent reason (i mean, we all know its because of the governmentā€™s unwillingness to progress in tech)

The amount of hate Elonā€™s company gets from gov and media is incredibleā€¦things like national coverage on a tesla car crashā€¦like really? Thousands of regular cars get into car crashes and there is national coverage on one tesla car crash? cmon now.

back on track though, I often think when im bored about how mind boggling it is to think that cars have not improved much on gas mileage in god knows how long, about how electric cars was literally scrapped under GWbush in cali where he literally forcibly took EVs away from all the owners and destroyed them (literally destroyed them). This was early 2000s alsoā€¦

We get some incredible innovation in consumer tech every year in the form of cellphones, tvs, etc, but it just doesnt make any sense that there hasnt been innovation on things that will truly make a difference in our path to a futuristic society. I mean, how often do we fantasize about our future, where cars might be flying, where hologram technology is completed, etcā€¦and to see only one man taking extreme measures to make this happen while also benefiting our planet, like kudos really. This is also not to discredit hundreds of thousands of other entrepreneurs who are working on making taking our society to the future, but when you just see the product elon has created in such a short amount of time and to see how much of a scale he wants to take it to, its mind blowing.

Iā€™ve test driven tesla before and it was as if I was in the futureā€¦but in the presentā€¦as if i time traveled into the future and drove a car decades in the futureā€¦but at the present time. It was so incredible that I would test drive the latest and greatest models of BMW and Mercedez and it just doesnt compareā€¦they lookā€¦outdated almost. isnt that amazing? Elon has also mentioned that it wouldnt matter if competitors knocked him out of business in EVs, because that would mean he made them do it, HE alone caused a chain reaction amongst the big car companies to make a change. that is great.

I am very excited for the solar roof that Tesla has madeā€¦it is costly for sure but it isnā€™t too costly considering the tax credit and the benefit in the long run, I would totally look to purchasing this in the future, as long as their production does not have difficulties.

This is an Anker community so we can get way off core point, so Iā€™ll try to bring it back.

It is far more efficient to generate power at mass scale, not too far a distance from consumption, than it is to have lots of smaller generators. Take for example solar farms vs solar roofs. The solar farm can tilt towards a moving sun, and people/robots move across and blow air / water to keep the panels cleaner than you can do on a roof. One robot working 100% of the time cleans many panels vs one robot idle 99% of the time per roof cleaning.

Storing energy is far more efficient at scale than small and local. Inverters for DC / AC / DC are more efficient if larger. AC is more efficient to transmit energy at distance (step-up, higher voltage, lower current so less power loss from resistance).

So making a car heavier for token silicon solar panel is dumb. No, it makes more sense to make all surfaces solar generating when the weight cost is nil (organics look like they can be no weight increase) and then top-up with mass scale solar which does mass scale energy storage.

We get enough solar energy in 1% of the worldā€™s surface to meet all our needs.

For energy storage, I suggest that hydrogen cells and using water is the best way forward. If we use solar power to split water into hydrogen and oxygen, and store the hydrogen and burn it in fuel cells which catalyzes with oxygen then water is split then recombined with none of the issues with Lithium oxides aging batteries.

Once we move from solar / water / energy / water then we can become a space fairing nation as there is a lot of water out in space so we launch a light low orbit satellite and then refuel using energy got from solar and asteroids. Once we get to space fairing then we can become not limited by this one small planet.

We can use space-born solar panels to regulate planetā€™s temperature, as there are natural macro cycles of both climate and weather, we can block the sun from the planetā€™s surface in part or full to reduce radiation on a patch of the planet, so we can neutralize the excesses of climate change and weather once we get control of space. For example if it too hot in part of the planet a large space-born solar panel can be placed to shadow that spot of the earth to reduce the sunā€™s strength. We can also reflect sun from too-hot parts of the earth to not hot enough, or towards the natural deserts where we placed mass solar farms.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

HHO gas all the wayā€‹:+1::+1::+1: only trouble I see with that is a bunch of dummies blowing themselves up by accident. But hey the gene pool could use a little thinning out.

1 Like