SmartCharge Spectrum

Hello,

I recently posted a review on Amazon regarding the Roav SmartCharge Spectrum. Despite adhering to the Amazon review policies, they rejected the review. Therefore, I wanted to share my thoughts about the Roav SmartCharge Spectrum with you here, in case you are interested in purchasing it.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Tyler

Leave it to Anker to take an everyday device and turn it into something I “need.”

I’ve always used a car charger, even though my Terrain has USB ports. Those ports charge my devices, but at a snail’s pace. The SmartCharge Spectrum on the other hand, charges my devices extremely fast (sometimes it seems faster than my 2.4A wall charges…though I haven’t tested this to be sure) and includes some bonus features that are very helpful.

When the SmartSharge Spectrum arrived, I was surprised (not in a bad way) to see a new packaging. If you haven’t heard, Anker has rebranded some of their products into sub-brands (i.e. Roav). However, this isn’t a bad thing by any means, their products still come with an 18-month hassle free warranty. The packaging was frustration free, which is always a bonus in my book.

Inside, there’s not a lot to note. You’ll get the charger itself, a set-up guide, and a “happy card” (the aforementioned warranty).

The charger itself is sleek looking. It has a little bit of heft to it, which to me means it’s made with quality parts. You’ll notice two ports, one specifically for Quick Charge devices (although you can use that port for non-Quick Charge devices if you wish).

Set up was a snap. Download the app, log in with your account (note: this is your Anker account if you already have one set up), plug the device in and you are done! Seriously, it’s that easy.

I really like the app’s interface. Simple to use, intuitive, and contains easy to access information. This is where the SmartCharge Spectrum sets itself apart from other car charges.

• Whenever you leave your car, it remembers where you parked (see the attached picture). If for some reason you don’t want to use this feature, you have the option to turn it off.
  • It also gives you a reading for your car battery…this will be nice to have for the upcoming winter!
  • Finally, it gives you the option to customize the LED ring on the outside of the charger. There is a huge spectrum to choose from, so you can basically pick any color you prefer. Like the car finder feature, this can be turned off if you’d like.

If I had to give Anker one area for improvement, it would be cool if this charger also had an AUX port to connect the phone to the vehicle’s Bluetooth. My Terrain has Bluetooth, but for some reason I can only make calls using it, I can’t play music (odd choice, GMC). That may be a pipedream, so I’m definitely not taking any stars off for that.

Bottom line, this is a great charger with some really nice extra benefits. If this saves you one time from walking around a parking garage, it’s totally worth it. If this saves you from having to wait in the cold to get a jump start, it’s totally worth it. Don’t hesitate to buy this product, you know it’s up to the highest standards and is backed by a great company!

2 Likes

Thanks for the review!

Do you have the Amazon link of the product to share with us?

(Oh, and any pictures would be fantastic!)

It’s always better with pictures. But +1 for the descriptive review

most definitely