Significant whitenoise when aux and power cable connected to soundcore

Hi, Hope someone can help. I have just purchased a Anker soundcore from Amazon. The bluetooth works well
but when I connect the soundcore using aux and then plug in the power cable I get very bad static. I have used various aux cables that work fine on other audio systems, but no luck with the new soundcore.
interestingly, when the 3.5mm Aux is connected to an amazon echo dot, without the power cable, it works fine. So it appears to be an issue with the power usb and aux plugged in at the same time. Is this a known issue? is there a fix?

I love the sound quality, but it’s no good if I can’t keep the device on charge and use aux.

Any comments / thoughts / help appreciated

2 Likes

Hi @davidallen65,
In my experience, most speakers produce some feedback/white noise when connected to a power source and Aux cable at the same time. I also have a Bluetooth transmitter that does the same thing when I connect it to power to recharge while using it.
Any particular reason you keep the SoundCore plugged in to power? The battery should last 24 hours when fully charged, so perhaps you could try charging it only at night to avoid the problem?
I know this may not be ideal in your use case, so please feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for additional assistance.

2 Likes

Same here, just try not connecting USB power cable while using AUX for a speaker, you’ll get static noise…Happens to me with a Sony speaker and cable, hope it helped.

Have a nice day!

Seconding what @TechnicallyWell and @renatocs19 have mentioned. I use the original SoundCore in my office and can often get several days use on a single charge, depending on volume. I take it your wanting continuous charge for connection to an echo dot?

Another thing you can try is to use sheilded power and auxiliary cables. This will prevent any sort of elecromagnetic interference. I had this issue wit a different bluetooth speaker and the sheilded cables fixed the issue for me

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to use the soundcore as a speaker that I could just leave on charge whilst connected to an echo dot. However, you make a good point , I’ll only use the echo dot for 2 hours a days, so the anker will be okay for at least a week without charging… Appreciate the feedback…

Yes, you got it. objective, continuous connection to echo dot, I might see if you can get some shielded aux cable as per @elmo41683 comment… thanks all

You could leave it on all the time and use a timer to charge it only at night. :wink:

1 Like

I have that timer…it’s hooked up to our coffee pot so it automatically turns on at 3 am and when I get up coffee is ready to go

I noticed an issue similar to this in my car. You can get a group loop noise isolator. I had to add one of these to my car when plugged into the outlet and listening music.