Should we be concerned or excited?

I have to say that I love to see the innovation in AI, will I see it in my lifetime? I don’t know.

What do you think about the technological leaps in AI?

4 Likes

At first I was impressed by this because, really, who likes calling to setup an appointment? But the fact that the “robot” never identifies that it is not a real person is kind of creepy and makes me wonder what other types of calls it will start to make.

6 Likes

I would be cautiously optimistic. Very impressive stuff but I will continue to make my own appointments for now until this A.I. has proven itself non Hal 9000🔴 I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

1 Like

neither really…I don’t plan on using it still like to make my own calls and appointments

I saw the demo of it making a hairdressers appointment and was kinda freaked out that it did that so flawlessly and the lady on the other end of the line seemingly had no clue she wasn’t talking to a real person.

It’s kinda weird and freaky but at the same time kinda awesome that technology has come this far.

Agreed, would be really freaked out if it pulls an Alexa and makes a call only to make a creepy laugh and hang up.

It’s always exciting when people find ways of automating life but at what cost? Don’t get me wrong, it’s really cool that it can set up an appointment for you. Pretty soon, the human race will be automated out of existence. Have we gotten so lazy to make our own appointments, especially for personal stuff? The more technology we embrace, it seems, the further we are from connecting with each other. For me personally, I would like to set up my own appointments. And can you imagine if there is a glitch or hack that ended up making all these appointments for you that you never know about? Technology should be used as a tool, not as a replacement. We’ve become too reliant on our electronics and technology, that it’s crippled us into real conversations and interactions. I love my electronics and technology itself but it’s nice to interact on a personal level with my fellow human sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t agree more. I think facebook and especially online dating have robbed a generation of important experiences.

I think that it’s a great advancement in technology. It makes me a little uneasy that the person at the salon was oblivious to the fact that they were talking to a robot, but IDK if that should be as big a deal to me as it is. Lol.

1 Like