Share Your Suggestions to Win Anker Gift Packs

I recently received that exact WD wireless hardrive to review and keep. Boy is it freakin awesome I use it out when I fly my drone and data transfers are fast and reliable. I have the 2TB version and the only gripe is when recording in 4K 2TB seems to not be sufficient :grin:. Other than that it has been performing flawlessly and has been a major upgrade from the pevious harddrive I was using.

1 Like

The TSA people would have a field day figuring out what is strapped to you thats for sure :joy:

1 Like

Good to know, lucky you… Please keep me posted or private message me a link to your review when you have a chance to test it out. I just stumbled upon it tonight and it looks/sounds awesome. I just wish it could output charge my devices as well.:smile: Please Anker make something like this.

1 Like

I have a WD250 from about 10 years ago still working (although the USB socket is a little dodgy now). Yes, drives working when stationary is good, but when moving less so.

Yes, others make similar to what you ask. So what would the Anker product you can envisage do that different exactly? I see the solar panel? Not much power off solar. Solar also tends to ruin a lot of items, like batteries due to heat (and why I prefer separate solar from batteries to place battery in shade and panel in sun). Are you thinking the internal battery is a power source? Unlike the WD item you mention where the battery is purely for internal use?

A variation of the Powecore+ Mini which is cable-less. So it has a flip-up MicroUSB.

You could make a flip-up Lightning version and a flip-up USB-C version.

You can put that in your purse, no cable to use it. No cable to lose.

So imagine this with no cables.

3 Likes

yes @nigelhealy , this is the whole point of my suggestion[quote=“bobbleheaderman, post:41, topic:25604”]
combination portable charger/external hard drive
[/quote] to be able to charge your devices and back up their drives in one unit while boon-docking,etc. I would hope for 10000-15000 mAh depending on size and weight. The Western dig doesn’t offer output charging rather it is just chargeable for it’s own usability. The solar is just a secondary suggestion to create sales as I understand solar very well and know it would be quite inefficient. A fold out panel may work better but again not really a part of my requirements. I also like the SD card option for faster file transfer.
ps, I love the belt charger idea!!

1 Like

Could be tricky as often most devices either draw power and act as data out or supplies power and allows data in/out. You often end up needing a specific kernel. I know this from all my Android gadgets. I think you find if you connect a USB drive to a device it will make your device power the USB drive so drain the device.

I have an OTG Y-cable and I have to attach power first then the USB drive then connect to the device, sometimes it works, not always.

So a combo may not work (in some or most cases).

That is probably why the WD item you mention has its power for its own uses, not external use. Of course you could make it do either/or, just not (reliably) both.

1 Like

stick the SD into the hard drive, or use WiFi, transfer photos, take it out when finished, charge your phone. just do one at a time. problem solved…you are over complicating my suggestion… I trust Anker to figure something out…add a switch if needed,lol.

1 Like

I’d like to see an expanded lineup of USB-C hubs! Right now, many of the newer computers only seem to have one USB-C port so a hub that takes advantage of that slot is a must. I have a USB-C external SSD so I’d actually like a USB-C hub that has a USB-C slot in addition to several 3.0 ports; that way, I won’t lose the slot by plugging in the hub (which is what would happen if I bought any of Anker’s current USB-C hubs).

This suggestion is just for fun, but I’d like to see some interesting limited-edition designs/prints (maybe collaborations?) rather than the standard white or black. I’d love to own something like a portable charger with a cute design so that I could find it in my tote bag without it getting lost in the white or black interior. I would also feel like I can actually trust Anker to make a reliable product rather than just buying a random product because it has Hello Kitty/Mario/Burberry/other well-known character or print. An option to personalize the standard design with a monogram/message might be good for the more “dignified” users, as well.

Another just-for-fun item suggestion: There are a few jewelry-like wearables on the market that look like nice rings or bracelets but are embedded with LED lights so they can alert you when you receive a call or message. For people who don’t want an actual smartwatch, a simpler item like a ring with basic LED functions might be useful. I’d like to see a ring with a clear stone that lights up with different LED colors depending on the type of notification (with brightness controlled by the phone). I question the reliability/app programming of the current products on the market and would be interested in one backed by Anker. The question would be if they can make one at a good price point so people can go as accessory crazy as they want without thinking they should just spend the money on a watch. I miss a lot of calls and notifications because of the style of purse I carry (long crossbody that ends up hanging behind me most of the time) and I know others might like the silence of a light-only notification jewelry item.

1 Like

I would absolutely love to see you and Eufy grow into bigger and better stuff. I know that may not have necessarily been what your goals were from the beginning, but I have about 20 of your products and have been overly satisfied with about 17 or 18 of them! Keep up the great work. However, you have made me very confident in your brand and customer service that I wish to see more expansion than we’ve seen so far. I’m talking major appliances, such as bigger and better speakers, eventually. I know that this will take time Anker, so maybe it’s not right for 2017 New Years Resolutions, but that is a BIG wish of mine for the future (and I’m not requesting this out of ANY other companies)! Finally, and this is more minor and short term, but your product line needs to be more simplified and less confusing and just smaller all around. Who wants to have to pick from 34 items related to supplying power. Not me! You just need to take a little bit of time and get rid of some products, ok, a lot of products. That’s all I have Anker. By no means does this mean that I don’t like Ankee, lol, I’m actually obsessed… Not sure if that’s weird or what, but… Regardless, keep up what you’re doing. Thanks so much for being my go to company!

1 Like

How about batteries that only include USB C ports. Don’t really see a point with old school USB A ports when they can be adapted. Like a PowerCore with 2 Type C ports, one with PD for a laptop and a standard 3A one for a phone. Nice additions would be a USB 2.0 C to micro B cable and a USB 2.0 C to C cable. If you’re trying to flex your engineering skills, you could make the battery into a USB hub when plugged into a laptop (much like USB C monitors).

2 Likes

What would be great is a small battery pack that attaches to your wrist allowing a shorter cable to the device with a LCD readout of the amount of time left along with a LED flashlight for those late night Ingressing and geocaching adventures

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see a modular power bank. The base would simply have USB C in and the rest could be customized. Users would be able to have their desired energy capacity and outputs (USB A, USB C, wall plug…) at their own will.

2 Likes

I see a lot of people wanting new & improved Chargers, which is great, I want it too, but no one is mentioning the Audio side of Anker. As an owner of the Premium Bluetooth speaker, I love it. It’s such a good mini speaker with some good bass… again for being so small & at the price it’s listed as. I was thinking one day, imaging if this thing was 5 times bigger, or even 10 times, the size of an old school jukebox. Imagine the sound coming out of that. House parties would be awesome & bass filled to the point it knocks us off our feet! If Anker could create a portable speaker / jukebox with the same technology as the Premium speaker, but 5 to 10 times the size, I’d be the first one to buy it. Go big or go home! Love you Anker, good luck in 2017!

3 Likes

I’ve always gone to Anker for power and cables. With the new USB-C coming into use for mobile devices, would like to see a battery at the higher capacity ranges with a USB-C port. As I travel 40 + weeks a year the ability to recharge all devices (phone, tablet laptop) from a single power source would be a great addition to any travelers bag of tricks.

1 Like

I would love a huge speaker party charging system. Like I bring the speaker to a party but also has at least 10 USB ports to charge phones if needed. Also has a storage space for anker wires.

Think Powerhouse with speakers.

1 Like

I agree with you on pretty much all of this, especially with varying charging speed technologies. I tend to understand that Volts and Amps essentially determine potential charging speed, but it would help to be able to make an informed choice.
I’ve got a vacuum, and I’d like to easily know where to buy filters and other parts.

1 Like

Powerbanks
I think all powerbanks should have a built in LED Light - this is too useful to be left out.

Ideally I’d love to see more powerbanks with a digital display

The built in cables in many powerbank are usually not that well placed, you have to position the powerbank and mobile phone are awkward angles to each other to use them

Suggested Products for 2017
I’d really like to see Anker make Car Dash Cameras with built in rechargeable batteries, so we don’t have to put in wires all over our car. I currently use a SJCAM M10 Action Camera and the battery lasts 90 minutes which is long enough for most car journeys I made. I’d sure Anker could make something even better with longer battery life.

3 Likes

What I would like to see most from Anker would be a powercore capable/designed for charging my Surface Pro 4. A potential set up for this could be a powercore designed for charging USB C mac books that comes with adaptors for charging the surface pro as well as standard laptops.

Additionally I would like to see more cable lengths for the powerline+ USB C, specifically 1ft and 10ft for both USB C to USB C and USB C to USB 3.0. I currently have to use a 10ft micro usb powerline+ with adapter and would much prefer to have to not use an adapter. It would however be nice to have a USB C to micro usb adapter with female USB C and male micro usb so that I can charge my powercores with my USB C cables. Similarly it would be nice to have different lengths for the red braided aux cable such as a 6ft version.

Another Anker product I would like to see eventually would be replacement batteries for the LG V20 like you have for some of the older phones.

Ultimately just want to see Anker continuing the great work the have been doing! Extremely satisfied with every Anker product that I own and looking forward to what they come out with next!

1 Like

Product suggestion; an LED torch module that fits onto the end of an AstroMini. I now have a few of these in our house as well as some of the UK (non rechargeable) versions of the LC40 torches. To make an LC40 out of an existing AstroMini would be great. Or maybe you could make a combination unit?

As for feedback on the LC40 why did you include the strobe effect? I hate it, my kids keep firing it off whilst changing brightness, I’d be much happier if you made torches without it; or if you must then make it so it’s a sustained partial hold on the mode button so in normal use you can’t trigger it.

2 Likes