Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+

LOOKS SO HOT!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
MAKE’S ME HORNY :yum:
HYPE IS REAL :open_mouth::open_mouth::hushed: :scream::scream:

Waiting for S10 and Galaxy X.

overall the phone is good but the price man it’s getting silly. You would think after Apple’s iPhone X lack of sales the price would go back down.

The camera definitely looks cool, but did I see Animojis and Live Photos (with loops) in that video… :thinking:

1 Like

I hoping that it’s not something like that as it’s just too big.

Now this I would buy … (and jump ship from Apple)

The fingerprint is finally in a more accessible place.

I carry and iPhone and S8 on me for work and personal, its funny because my S8 is supposedly my work phone has been used primarily for its camera.

This phone seems to follow Samsung’s trend where every other phone is a major upgrade/new design and the phone that follows the major release is simply a minor upgrade with similar hardware and some optimization of software.

As an android person and a Samsung owner I can say the phone looks good, the specs are good, it’s absolutely gorgeous (in most of the colors), and it out performs IPhones. I will not however get it because it is not enough of an upgrade from my S8. Most of the software updates will probably start showing up on the galaxy 8 phones shortly after the release of the S9s.

I will say I love all the options to unlock it and the headphone jack is still there, with Android it’s all about customization and the ability to fine tune your phone to be exactly what you want. That is why there are so many ways to unlock because Samsung isn’t forcing you to conform to using one way to unlock they give you options.

I do hope they add a way to remap the Bixby button instead off just a way to turn it off and on. Also, my unpopular opinion is that the finger print scanner was just fine where it was.

I loved the jabs at Apple pointing out their flaws. I actually think it could push apple to do better which might make the next Iphone actually compete with Samsung.

You can jailbreak an iPhone and customise it to your needs. I always used to love messing around with it (god knows how many times I’ve had to do a factory restore lol) haven’t actually done it on this 6s as I started to enjoy the OS more.

Really?? I haven’t seen anything to suggest this :confused:

Have fun trying to jailbreak any iphone after the 6, and even that is a feat in itself. The ecosystem is far too locked down to allow you to do anything. Hence why Android is still King :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is a jail break out for iOS 11 something. I used to like doing it too but prefer to test the beta version instead now.

The term lateral move comes to mind. Slightly improved chipset, no ram upgrade and a better camera. Nowhere near enough hardware improvements to warrant a trade in, price wise you would probably be better off waiting till release and scoring an s8 super cheap.

Android started locking bootloaders a few years back. Not sure any phone has an edge with this stuff anymore. Now its just spoofs and backdoor developer mods. Miss the old days of custom roms

It’s the carriers tha lock the bootloader bot android itself, but I always get unlocked phones so I never have to worry about that

1 Like

In what respect?

In any respect! This was before the announcement yesterday that the camera had been classed as the best on a smartphone. iPhones still rule :vulcan:

1 Like

Hmmm… Software?

Iphone still are crappy imo, every year they all try to outdo one another in camera. When in reality it’s all subjective as everyone’s eyes are different and when it came down to deciphering which one photo is better the s9+ had the highest scores across the boad based on computer calculations. …this means without the use of a computer to determine it, it’s aNY ones win. So in the end its all equal…

2 Likes

I just had a message.on FB from Samsung.

Basically, the roll out of Oreo has stopped for the S8/S8+ due to some people experiencing their phones switching off straight after installing the update. So while they look into it, no more Oreo updates, until they’ve fixed this issue.

So if we’re lucky, we’ll get the update next year in time for the S10! lol

we should be lucky if Samsung users get Oreo in 2019, they are SLOW at rolling out Android updates ! I would rather not Brick my S8+ though all the same :yum: