Rumour: The next ipad(Air) 2020 could be in iPad Pro form factor with USB-C port

Too much science fiction! :rofl:

1 Like

They’re eventually just gonna sell you the parts and you gotta build it yourself.

I do see it as inevitable we’d be doing brain-brain communication, not via the physical senses but more directly.

I do think we’d still speak, we often use many forms of communication now, augmenting voice with facial expressions, hand gestures, etc. Irony, humour, anger, all often the same words with different expressions.

There’s plenty of ways the brain stops thoughts getting out, we can think things and not say so just put the implant downstream of the same path of intend to speak but upstream of the moving of the mouth.

Of course it will be disliked by the older, but the younger will be doing it for making life easier, like they learn faster, get better jobs, certain jobs will make it mandatory, etc.

Governments will want it, as they can then regulate it to keep the judiciary in jobs and of course tax it.

As soon as there is medical benefit, doctors will recommend, as soon as its a significant medical benefit, it will be required or medical insurance is higher cost. As soon as learning benefit, parents will want for kids to give them that advantage, and ambitious workers want it to earn more faster.

The proxy is the smartphone, it was initialy laughed at, then rejected, as an intrusion, then became a useful tool and eventually you’d struggle to live succesfully without, and many state it ruins their days (no peace, intrusive).

Everything we hate in one generation is embraced and becomes normal in the next generation.

It has already been imagined, watch Black Mirror.

Launch is immenient according to the rumour!

I will get one for my son :slight_smile:

Yes, it is like iPad Pro. But only difference is that it has 60 HZ screen instead of 120 HZ on iPad Pro, and has 2 dynamics instead of four on iPad Pro. In other — it’s the same with iPad Pro and costs 200$ less (just 599$ vs 799$ for iPad Pro 11")

1 Like

Yep can’t wait to get one for my son.

1 Like

There are several more differences, but most consumers probably don’t care about them.

Would have been a hit at $499.

2 Likes

Yes. 64 GB for 599$ a little bit expensive

1 Like

Interesting. I was planning to pick up a cheap Android tablet for some online course I need to complete over the next few months. I may wait a little longer and see what apple releases.

Yep should be on the market soon.

Apple website: " USB-C, which allows for fast connections to cameras, displays, and more."
New Apple iPad Air