RoboVac Side Brush Power

So I love my Robovac 11+ and 11s. I live in a railroad-style apt with tile in the kitchen and hardwood everywhere else, with dog hair being the biggest offender. My floors have never been so clean. But there’s a problem in the kitchen. The side brushes work great with things with little to no mass (e.g. dust and hair); it sweeps them right into the brushhead. But in the kitchen, with something like, say, a piece of egg shell, the side brush instead sends it clear across the room, like a hockey forward taking a slap shot.

I use the 11+ in the kitchen where this is an issue; is there any way — and I mean any — including opening the thing up and making a circuit board change — to adjust the speed of the side brushes. They slow down to a speed that I think would solve the problem when it’s returning to the home base, so I’m hoping something is possible.

I suppose if necessary I could just remove them, but an actual way to achieve the above would be even better.

Yes I have seen the issue you are talking about.
A little bit more object could be played with like an ice hockey puck.
The robot will catch it when there is no more possibility to push it (corner, wall)
As far I see there is no chance to keep it away from this behaviour.

I’ve seen that on the 30c too! It is like a hockey puck. Maybe robovac just needs some time to play. All work and no play makes eufy a dull boy…

1 Like

Let him play. Even a robot needs fun!

1 Like

I made a GIF of this. Enjoy!

How effective is the RoboVac without the side brushes? Mine keep getting knocked off when it goes over my high saddle boards!

Of course you may run the robot without that brushes.
BUT this will lead to ineffectiveness.
Better would be to install some borders in front of this obstacles.
A photo would be very helpful.
So I can think about a solution.
I have solved some of those problems here in my house. :grinning:

1 Like

Robovac needs at least one side brush to properly pull the dirt into it from the side, making it more effective…

It can work without the side brush (have not tested, will do it today), but will need more cycles to clean than it would have with the side brushes

1 Like

Same here, mine fires Cheerios across the kitchen like bullets!

My 15C does this in the kitchen too, but to be honest you only notice if you watch it obsessively! The way I use my Robovac is as a handy help around the house, so leave it to do it’s thing. It may take longer but it will eventually pick up all those bits it’s fired across the room.

Just go and do something else, let Robovac do it’s work and when you come back , all will be clean!

2 Likes

Willy found things I was seeking those for years! :rofl:

1 Like