Robovac 11 Rotating Brush fault

Thanks for you useful feedback!
Can’t image it was the hair caused the problem.:joy:

Simmonspaul0311, you are a genius. I was tired of having the brush get stuck in the middle of an open part of carpet without the brush actually being stuck.

I didn’t use pliers, but rather a thin flat screwdriver to pop the parts apart. Lots of hair in there, it was crazy. I cleaned that out and now the Eufy is back to what it does best: finding new and interesting ways to get stuck.

The only problem is that the parts are now loose as they didn’t have the original crimping any more and last night the Eufy was squeaking. A little white lithium grease will do, but I am afraid that will attract more hair.

This appears to be a part that needs to be routinely maintained yet was not built with maintenance in mind. I wonder if there is a redesigned part that will get around this problem. I will contact Eufy directly about that.

1 Like

I have the same problem, 4 beeps and red light. I removed all the brushes. also synonymous tutorials on youtube but nothing
if I turn it on, a rotating brush moves a little and then the 4 beeps start.
I wrote to the assistance through amazon. I hope they answer me soon because the product is very good

Hi @Stefano_Cocconcelli1,

Maybe you can also send an email to support@eufylife.com, our representative will help you sort out as soon as possible.:innocent:

Hi @Stefano_Cocconcelli1,

Maybe you can also send an email to support@eufylife.com, our representative will help you sort out as soon as possible.:innocent:

This just saved my robovac from going in the garbage! I The drive side was far far worse than the opposite, but this resolved the issue we were having as well. We have dogs, so this thing already gets a lot of cleaning, did not anticipate hair getting INSIDE those end caps. +anker +eufy take note on these components as a weak point.

Also, the drive side cap was harder to get apart, I used a small flat head and carefully worked my way around. After seeing how it came apart in the end, it appears the drive side has a small rectangle that feeds into the motor, seems like if you can get that off first, then the rest might come apart more easily.

Thanks again! robovac saver!

2 Likes

Thank you for this info! I was having the same issue, kept taking the roller brush out, cleaning it, replacing it only to have the red light and beeping. So upon finding your post, we took the little black rollers apart and found more hair (mine, I have very long hair) than I could have imagined would fit inside that space! Removed it all, and it is working again! The driver side was terribly impacted. Note for Eufy/Anker: this info should be included in roller brush maintenance!

1 Like

To answer the OP’s original question, yes indeed there’s a motor in there that could be the issue.

My yellow brush assembly spun just fine in my hand, but the drive motor was so clogged with hair and dust between the pulley and motor casing that it wouldn’t turn. I thought maybe it had burned out. After thoroughly cleaning out all the gunk, it now works like a charm.

1 Like

I think this is a great little vacuum for the price, but the low price comes with a caveat…it is not resilient. I had this vacuum cleaning up floors littered by my Golden Retriever’s fine hair. Every once in a while it would stop working and I would clean out all the brushes and it was fine. But after about 2 years, no amount of cleaning would do anything to fix it’s 4-beeps and stop after 10 seconds of cleaning. In addition to this vacuum, I have 2 roombas and an Ecovacs (4 floors to my house, I per floor). I had one of the roombas roll over dog poop and had to dissect the vacuum and clean it down to it’s motherboard. I can say that dog hair never worked it’s way into the guts of the Roombas, but it is everywhere in the internals for the Ankur. No wonder the device stopped working. After 2 years of use (very good, but not great), I’m going to need to throw this model away. It keeps freaking out after 10 seconds even after and thorough breakdown and cleaning.

1 Like

I think some photos would be helpful to explain others exactly what and were you did this.

I think you can help bloggers who understand this topic.
Here are some of those I found:
robovac
eufy

1 Like

Apparently the newer model(s) (I have an 11S) are made quite differently. There is no way to separate the rubber bearings from the brush (which is not yellow) and no motor is visible or accessible without taking covers off which are nominally “not serviceable parts”.

But we have the same 4-beep problem after only a few months of use. Also, the fault happens even if the brush is removed.

1 Like

I started experiencing the same problem after about two years and managed to solve it though it wasn’t easy so be prepared to dismantle this thing down to the motherboard!

The first thing you should do is remove the brush entirely and then turn it on and attempt a clean (granted it won’t actually clean of course without a brush!). If you still get the four beeps with no brush attached then you can safely rule out that this is a brush problem.
If it cleans without the brush but beeps with the brush in, you have yourself a brush problem which you can resolve following the many tips above.

If it’s a non-brush issue, the bad news is, you’ll have to get into the guts to fix it.
Get yourself a screwdriver and carefully remove all the screws from the underbelly. What you’ll find inside is (hopefully) a load of dust/hair lodged in the wheel/brush motors and everywhere else (motherboard etc - mine was a mess). To be extra thorough I’d recommend taking the smaller screws out around the wheels/brush so that you can partially remove the motors. I “cleaned” them with my hands/fingers and a good ol blow like it’s a NES cartridge (extra points if you get that reference).

Re-assemble with patience and with a bit of luck you’ll be up and running in no time.

As before, test it without the brush to see if you fixed the non-brush issue. Hopefully you’ll be able to rule that out and test again, this time with the brush.

This isn’t for the faint hearted but as long your patient and keep an eye on everything you’ve done (take pics if you think it’ll help) you’ll be mighty satisfied when it springs back to life.

My Roomba which is two years older than my Eufy has never failed me like this. Goes to show, you get what you pay for. I’ll avoid Eufy for my next purchase!

4 Likes

Well done!!!
Congrats for having such a success.

As an old tinkerer and engineer :slight_smile:
I like those repairs of course.

You should have created a video for youtube.
VERY HELPFULL!!!

Those issues can happen to all vaccums not only EUFY.:grin:

thanks, i’m going to try this!! (tho thinking compressed air rather than NES super mario technique!) already took apart the brush assembly with no luck, and it won’t run without brush either. and i emailed eufy support only to be told that it’s out of warranty, which apparently is only 12 months, and i got mine for mother’s day 2017. :confused:

support said i can get it fixed for $80 (what?!) or get a $30 off a new one. gonna try this and then give up i guess. first and last eufy for me, and i hate having to throw away after such a short time. a reliable company would stand behind their products for more than 12 months. thanks for all the suggestions here, really helpful!

2 Likes

Escalate your message with them to management and tell them they advertise 18 month warranty in Twitter…they should honor it

@megnut @elmo41683 Please note eufy RoboVac has a warranty of 12 months.

My apologies, but I swear they have said via Twitter it was 18 months. Either way I am sorry for any confusion I have caused

No worries, just clarify for you guys. :wink:

Dear all,
I am facing this problem since 1 month. Already contacted support however they reccommended to contact a local service shop in Germany which is practically not possible. I already removed all parts by myself, cleaned all motor drive from hair etc. reassembled very carefully twice. But I still get this quad beep after 3 min from start! Do you have any idea why? The machine is really cleaned now but still thinks brush is stuck. Is there mybe a reset function to eliminate this? Need really your help if someone has the experience.

Thank you all
Tugrul

1 Like