Robovac 11 bumper stuck

I’ve got myself a Robovac 11 for Christmas and it’s been great. Though recently it’s started to have a bumper error (flashing red light and 2 beeps). I’ve taken apart the front bumper assembly, cleaned out the gunk and wiped over the IR sensor holes both inside and out. Could anyone explain further how this works or what could possibly be the issue?

I’ve had that at different times. Mostly when it’s got stuck between obstacles or even if there is something jammed.

Have a good look around the brushes etc. It all comes apart lovely.

Thanks @Oggyboy. I’ve taken it all apart given everything a good clean and it’s still getting stuck.

I’ve watched it a bit more, the bumper trigger is getting stuck. Once it gets stuck a good whack on the front and it fixes the problem for another 5 mins.

Definitely sounds you might have a faulty bumper then. Be worth emailing support@eufylife.com with the purchase details, Serial number and the issue. They will sort you out I’m sure.

1 Like

@Oggyboy Yeah, they are sending me a new unit. Though I would love to get this one working again.

Hmmmmmm sounds like you’ve tried everything then.
Can you see where it’s catching? Maybe bend it a bit or is it a mechanical part failing and sticking? Maybe a bit of WD40 in the right place if you can pin pint the problem.

Lol this is how I normally fix things - “everything can be fixed with a hammer”

Thanks, all I’ve managed to fix it!

The problem was the front left bumper assembly. The bumper was getting caught in its housing if the bump was a large force.

Luckily the housing is only made of thin plastic. I managed to scrape some of the excess plastic off which allowed the bumper to move more freely.

I’ve run the vac for about 2 hours now with no problems. Took me my entire lunch and took apart the entire vac to find the problem.

2 Likes

Awesome. Good job @daniel72 :hammer:

@daniel72, sorry for the inconvenience our RoboVac caused to you. We notice your RoboVac has the two beeps issue with the flashing indicator. That’s the bumper issue. From your latest post, it seems you have fixed the issue. Is that right?

If you encounter this issue in the future, you can try to tap a little harder on the wheels or the bumper to see whether they are stuck? And if necessary, remove any hair and debris from them.

If the problem persists, you can contact us via our email address: support@eufylife.com. We are glad to help you replace or return the product once we confirmed the issue and your order detail.

Also, we notice you have disassembled the bumper to fix the issue. Kindly advised that we don’t recommend our customer to fix the issue by disassembling the product. You can contact us freely via our email or phone calls in the following if you have any issue with our Robovac. We appreciate your understanding of the matter.

United States +1 (800) 988 7973 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PT)
United Kingdom +44 (0) 1604 936 200 Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM (GMT)
Germany +49 (0) 69 9579 7960 Mon-Fri 6:00-11:00
Japan +81 03 4455 7823 Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00

If you do need anything else at all in future then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Have a great day!

Hello

I have same problem. When switched on he spins for a while and then stops with a flashing redlight and beeps twice.

His bumper moves freely and there is no obvious build up of dirt anywhere or damage.

Those kind of "distance diagnosis’ " are always difficult. :wink:

The “2 beeps” indicate a bumper problem, the manual says.
As you really cleaned everything properly and checked the bumper of its mobility the reason might be unknown

Best would be to create a video and send this to the support.

support@eufylife.com

Hello again Thanks fhassm. Turns out the problem was the visual sensors needed a clean - they needed to be spotless. All working now

Fine that all is working now. :grin:

I’m having the same bumper stuck (2 beeps) issue each and every time I run it. I just disassembled the bumper to see if anything is stuck, cleaned up everything, removed the wheel and got as much hair out of its ridges as I could, cleaned the sensors, cleaned up the rolling and rotating brushes, and I’m still getting the bumper stuck error. As someone else stated, kicking on the bumper fixes the issues for a few minutes or sometimes for the entire run, but the issue keeps coming back sooner or later.

I emailed eufy but they refused to help me since it’s 1.5 years since I purchased it. They want me to buy a new one for 15% off, yeah sure I’m buying another one of your faulty robots after this attitude from you.

Had the same problem.

Dissassemple the Top case, loose the logic board, loos the cables going in the piece behind the bumber.
Now you can remove the case behind the bumper.

Inside that case are the detectors for the bumbers holding with springs.

WIth time the springs wear out and the touchless sensor will not get out of the detecting zone.

Pull the spring out a lil bit to make them stronger pushing.
Now on those small detector boards is a “U” sensor soldered on. You can push/bend it a few mm, which is enough.

Assemble everything again.

1 Like

Great I like those posts encouraging users to help themselves.