Roav VIVA - Video & Review ... I LOVE THIS THING!

@AnkerOfficial/@AnkerSupport: Is it safe to update to the latest iOS now or will the update still cause issues with the VIVA connecting to the iPhone?

Good job…very nice review with equally nice pictures of the device! :thumbsup:

1 Like

They said as long as you update the firmware on the Roav you can update your phone and there shouldn’t be any issues

1 Like

I read that too, but I just wanted to make sure before updating my phone. Honestly, I’m ready to throw my iPhone out the window and I’m afraid to update it anymore in fear it’ll slow down even more than already is.

The firmware update was the very first thing I did. It took close to 20 minutes to update too. The device runs smoothly though! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! I’m having a blast using it and I’ve trying to add updates when I come across something new or different.

As far as iOS updates, I’m one to stay with what works and doesn’t break anything. Security “risks” be damned…I don’t use anything like banking apps or similar. Even though my “old” iPhone 5s is able to run the latest and greatest iOS version, I’m keeping it as it is on iOS 9.3.5. Nothing is broken and performance is just as it was for all the years that I’ve owned it.

1 Like

Really great review @TheCharneco, this sounds a great device :smiley: Hopefully I will buy soon to complement all the Dots I have at home! Doh, I just realised it’s not available yet in the UK…

1 Like

Nice video review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hoping to get one from the power draw hehe :wink:

3 Likes

Sweet! I just saw that it’s a Power Draw for the week! Best of luck! I think you’ll really like it!

I’ve been running into a few issues lately, but I think it’s because my iPhone is busted and needs a battery replacement. :confused:

Thanks @Blotch and @zjjjjj! Hopefully it’ll make its way to UK soon! It’s a fun and handy little device. :smiley:

1 Like

do you really have to launch the app on the phone every time you get in the car before it pairs, seems very cumbersome and annoying

Nope! I’ve been using it without launching the app lately and it works just fine. They also recently updated the firmware to make the hands-free calling truly hands-free. I used that feature this morning and it worked perfectly. I did finally caved yesterday and I updated the iOS on my iPhone. After doing so, it seems to connect better to the VIVA and display the titles of the songs and artists without launching the VIVA app. So, major win in my book!

2 Likes

Good for you that battery replacements are cheaper until the end of the year. I mean $29 is a fair price I think

1 Like

I see it’s now listed on Amazon UK, so not long before it’s available :smiley:

Awesome. My birthday in 12 days :grin:

1 Like

Cool. Can see a rush to check the PU page for UK users…

1 Like

Has your device been finicky with dropping bluetooth connection frequently, occurs sporadically to my device

nice to see it coming to the uk!

1 Like

I had a short stretch where it was doing that. But it was because my iPhone was acting up, so nothing really out of the norm for me. I did not that it was having trouble connecting to Alexa at one point this weekend. I just unplugged it awhile and the plugged it back in later on. The main issue I’m running into has to deal with my car. It keeps power going to the jack for what seems like hours after I shut off the car. I’ll be near the garage with my phone in my pocket and I’ll randomly hear, “Welcome back. Launch the Roav VIVA app to get started and pay attention to the road.” …? I parked the car like 2 hours ago and you’re still on? lol. So I’ve been unplugging it when I turn off the car.