Roav Viva not working as it should

Hi

I’m UK based and took the plunge on ordering a Roav Viva from the US after seeing the great reviews, it’s not currently on sale in the UK hence my need to order it from the US, my experiences so far haven’t been great, I’m having a few issues, I’ll break them down here and if anyone could give me some suggestions on how to fix them I’d really appreciate it.

1. Spotify. I got confirmation directly from Roav that Spotify was now supported which was my primary reason for ordering the Viva as I only use Spotify. While I’ve got Spotify linked to my Alexa app and use it without issue in my home with my many echo and Sonos products, whenever I ask the Viva to play tracks by an artist in the car ‘she’ (Viva) tells me that that she can’t find any tracks by the artist, which is wrong because I know that they’re there, Viva is picking up my Spotify account because if I give the command “open Spotify” she tells me that she’s resuming the last tracks I listened to on Spotify and starts playing, but when I ask her to play a specific artist or track she says that she can’t find anything? Also whenever I ask to listen to one of my Spotify Playlists Viva tells me that “specific playlist requests aren’t available in this Beta version”?

2. Navigation. I’ve got my work and home address set up in my Google Maps and have used them to navigate me many times, however whenever I ask Viva to “Navigate home” or “Take me home” she gives me one of the following responses, either that I need to set up the destinations in my Alexa app (?!), that there’s a poor signal and that I need to try later (even though my phone is showing a very good signal), or sometimes she recognises that I’m speaking but chooses to ignore me completely! The navigation works when I ask her to find the nearest Honda garage for example, but it’s not picking up any of my pre-set destinations.

Any help on these would really be appreciated, with the purchase price and the international postage I ended up paying a lot more than it retails for in the US which I’m ok with as long as it works!

Thanks

G

Sorry that you’re having problems with your Viva. Contact support@roav.com and they should be able to help you out. They also have a Live Chat feature on their site at www.goroav.com. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, due to the time difference with me being in the UK the live chat is always closed when I think to do it, I was hoping that they might have tech staff monitoring forum posts who could help, if not I’ll email as suggested.

Thanks again.