Roav Smartcharge Spectrum

I am an early tester for Anker Roav Smartcharge Spectrum car charger. I have always used car chargers in my car for charging iPods, Phones etc. I typically need 2 USB ports and have used 2 separate chargers in 2 ports that I have in my car.
Smartcharge spectrum solves one problem (using 2 ports) since it has 2 USB ports. The charger itself is one of the smaller profile chargers. One of the USB ports is IQ 2.0 charge port and other is QC 3.0 port + IQ 2.0 port (combined).
DC input 12V-24V
Standard Output is 5V, 2.4A
Quick Charge Output is 3.6V-6.5V, 3A; 6.5V-9V, 2A; 9V-12V, 1.5A
Total Wattage is 30Watts
In the package you will find a Smartcharge Spectrum charger, Owner’s Manual and a Happy Card.
Now regarding the features: In order to communicate to your smartphone you will need to download Roav Spectrum app (available for iOS and android). I use it with iPhone.
Installation is no brainer. Just plug in to your car and start the app which will prompt to connect and it connects. From the app you can change the ring color on the charger as well as record the last parking location. I personally don’t use the parking feature but the most useful feature is reading the car battery voltage which is a great indicator of the battery health and this is an awesome addition (incredible value).
When I go to a big city downtown I will test the parking feature since for day to day use it is not too useful.
One thing that I didn’t like is that the Roav Spectrum app asks for location tracking even when you are not using the app (for parking feature accuracy).
Overall this is a great little car charger which is big in feature set and can be a lifesaver if you are parking in a very large or complex parking area (like airport etc).

2 Likes

This is something that is also true with the Roav SmartCharge F2 Kit. If I have it set to allow location service “only when using,” it doesn’t work in tracking where my car is. It has to be set on “Always On” which like you, I don’t like. Mainly I feel that it’s drawing my iPhone battery because it keeps searching for the location of my car. Good job with the review. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info and review. I had the opportunity to “early test” this item (it popped up on my Power User page) as well but I had no idea what it did exactly with no info to be found anywhere (at least that I could find) so I declined the offer. In fact, I thought it was just another 12v car charger but it (now) appears to be more than that.

Good job on the review!

BTW, here is the Amazon link for those interested in what the item actually is (this wasn’t listed when I got the Power User test offer):

https://www.amazon.com/Roav-SmartCharge-Spectrum-Connected-Car-Battery/dp/B075RV7KRM/