Roav smartcharge f0 shut off with car

What I’m concerned with is power draw, my cigarette lights are on when the car is off, which is nice. but the smart charge seems to stay in standby type mode, it stops Bluetooth but it’s still on. Does it have an inactivity switch and it shuts off? Does it stay in the standby type mode? It makes me uncomfortable so I’ve been unplugging it which is probably a good thing anyways.
Also how does it know car on/ off?
Thanks!

Edit: I was easily able to connect to it, I looked for a good low channel as 107.5 was taken, even though this beast overroad the channel no problem.
I am able to use Siri to voice activate the music while using the charging port, very cool :sunglasses: (but about 5 seconds of lag as it starts Siri up)

I think standby draw is very low, and no problem.

2 Likes

I just unplug the F0 from the socket when I get out of the car. I’m sure it’s fine to leave it in, but I’m entirely too paranoid about these things (with me, if something can go wrong with a vehicle, it will).

2 Likes

I do the same thing with my F1. In my husband’s car, the unit is powered even if the engine is off. But in my car, it doesn’t. I guess it all depends on the car. But to be on the safe side, we always unplug from his car.

3 Likes

Most of the newer cars shut off power to sockets but older cars may have active sockets which may drain the battery if a load is connected. Although with F0 or F1 the load is so small that you won’t see any noticeable difference.

1 Like

I just found long holding the play button 3seconds turns it off. Then is it’s load fine to leave plugged in

3 Likes

In off state it is not a problem at all. Even when it is ON, I’m sure its not drawing much power to actually drain the car battery. Either way you will be fine so enjoy the product and forget about turning it on/off :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that trend is reversing (again)
In days of old, the cigarette lighter was the only power source. But todays cars are increasingly equipped with USB outlets near all/several seat. And those don’t (always) power down. Personally I love that.

1 Like

You are absolutely right. The auxiliary electronics as well as seat position memory, engine idling control electronics, clocks, radio presets, etc. all stay on even when car is turned off.
The only thing that can really drain the battery is if one of the lights remains on (not a problem in newer cars). Light bulb is a huge load for the battery.
Other than that everything else is ok

In devices such as these, they draw very little power. If your car battery is strong you should be able to leave it plugged in standby mode for several days.

My suggestion would be to leave it plugged in for daily use. But the car is parked for more than 12 hours I would unplug it.

Thanks for the advice guys. Also a note, when turned off the usbs can still charge.