Roav SmartCharge Car Kit F2 Review

I found out from a review on Amazon that said “Make sure your USB drive is formatted properly to the file system FAT, FAT23, exFAT and that you music is no where but at the root of the USB drive. Also your music file format has to be in .mp3 .wma .flac. wav. in order for the MP3 player to work properly.”

I had my thumb drive formatted for my Mac, thus, it didn’t work. Hope that helps you. I have my whole music library on my iPhone so I don’t see myself using a thumb drive for music streaming. But it’s nice that you can though.

1 Like

damn it has flac, I wonder which bitrate and frequency can it handle.

Thanks that would help a lot.

1 Like

Looks an interesting product and a great review :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. It is a great music streaming device as well as hands free calling. It’s like a all in one device.

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial can you tell me when this is in the uk please? Need one asap for my dads car

1 Like

That helps a lot man

It will be released on November in the UK:grin:

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll wait a month instead of buying junk :yum:

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to connect 2 phones at the same time?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. I had to disconnect one to be able to sync with the other. Or do you mean charge two phones at once? Charging, no problem. But connecting 2 phones to the Smart Charge, no.

Are you new here?

Been here over since the Power Station went live but been more active recently.

1 Like

yeah, I did something similar. Good to see you back!

1 Like

Thanks. I also changed my avatar. Maybe that’s why I look new lol

2 Likes

That’s what threw me off at first was when you changed your pic

1 Like

I won’t change this one now (unless there is a competition lol) hehe

It would be awesome if this had the ability to play music via the USB cable too and not just bluetooth.

Anyone there using the Anker Roav SmartCharge Car Kit F2? I’m specifically interested in the car location feature.

I’ve read the review by @Nhi on the community and while it mentions the feature, it doesn’t go as deep as I wanted to.

It the feature reliable? How well does it work inside buildings - such as an internal garage? How does the GPS on the charger communicates with the app?

To be honest, from reading the description I’m not even sure the product has a proper GPS or if it just pins your current location on the app once you park the car. If it’s the latter, does the user have to actively push the location or the charger senses the car turn off and automatically send the location to the app?

Thanks for your help!

From what I understand there is no GPS built into the kit itself. It uses your phone’s GPS and sync’s your last location to the app (via BT). When you are locating your car you are using the last reference point in the app alongside your phones GPS.

Perhaps another member can confirm this?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my understanding too. Would you know if the charger communicates the app automatically to pin your parking location - like Apple Maps does - or the user has to manually demand the pin after parking?