Roav Shipping?

Hi, is this shipping now or is there a planned date? I was just about to order one and heard it may be delayed now becuase of google integration…

Thanks

Can you expand on which Roav product you are referring to @Dustin_Arbogast ?

1 Like

What!!! He is talking about the new ROAV Bolt… Noooooooo! I’ve been waiting on mine for a while now! How did you hear about a delay? I’ve received nothing via email nor any other communication.

1 Like

Just looked at my order and see nothing to a delay. Just a “Status: Awaiting Delivery Confirmation”

1 Like

There were some posts earlier on Anker Forum mentioning about April Launch

@AnkerOfficial can you please confirm

Shipping should begin by next week.

2 Likes

Awesome!! That’s great news

Hey I apologize, I just seen this. My man is correct, I thought the roav bolt was coming already. the google assistnt car adapter. Sounds like it is supposed to start shipping this week then?

thanks

Quick question, if I am in my car and ask the “bolt” to give me directions to home…does that automatically open the app on my phone and give directions or does it just give you voice directions?

If it opens an app can you specify waze? (this might be something I need to find out…not sure if roav has that control or google)

Thanks again

@Dustin_Arbogast Bolt will use the Roav app installed on your smartphone, and since it is more of a “google” friendly device, will use Google Maps, but Roav does give options to use Apple Maps or Google Maps or Waze (if you use iPhone), Maps app will open and show the directions. Voice will be from your maps app.

So yes, Waze is an option. Roav App interacts / calls the Maps app installed on the phone based on the General settings

This is based on my experience from Roav Viva app which i use with Roav Viva with Alexa

Looks like Roav Bolt is going to be available starting Monday

1 Like

@Dustin_Arbogast Roav Bolt is available @BestBuy now

I pre-ordered mine from Roav website and no news yet! Unfortunately been reading some negative reviews on bestbuy website product page. I will have to see for myself but people are having issues with setting up the AUX connection, clarity & delay on spoken sound and some bluetooth issues with certain phones as well. Not what I wanted to hear!

1 Like

Will be getting mine today, will write how it works, this still may need firmware upgrades and app upgrades from Anker Roav team here and there, i saw the same with Viva till it stabilized

I don’t trust most of the reviews on Best buy :rofl:

Thanks @cshenoy ! Please let me know how this works out for you. I am very disappointed at this point that I am trying to cancel my order. I pre-ordered the bolt in January and you would figure those that pre-ordered would be the first to get it or at least in line to get it soon… The status still the same on the order status, which is “awaiting delivery confirmation” (been like that since January). Anyway I saw it is available at my local bestbuy store. Also on the Bolt page it says that iOS is in beta… so with as many bugs in it, in beta for iOS and no shipping information what so ever, I give up on this and just want my money back.

1 Like

I tested it today, with iPhone, the setup page mentioned about the beta for iOS, and got the expected response… There is a lot of delay between commands and output. It uses Google Assistant and not Google home, does not list on Google home as a device… This will definitely take sometime to stabilize…

Will submit detailed review in next few days

1 Like

Can understand your frustration, try to check with Anker support if the device will be shipped soon, else there is always options at Best buy :slight_smile: , should soon be available at Target / Walmart.

May be there will be more discount deals as well :smile:

1 Like

Yikes, those who pre-ordered definitely should have received theirs before Roav began accepting orders to ship. :confused:

1 Like