Roav Dashcam C2 Coming Soon!

This appears to be the Roav Dashcam C2, which may arrive in early October. It features many of the same specs as the C1, but sports a new design. What do you think? Will you consider picking one up when it is launched?

5 Likes

I like the physical buttons! The touch buttons are OK on the original Roav dashcam, but physical buttons would be easier to locate.

3 Likes

woah, looks great. Hopefully people dont think its a digital cam and try to break in to steal.

3 Likes

I will love this because it has a clear view and a perfect shape with nice
buttons:joy:

1 Like

Good point, it’s hard to find a middle ground. This is something Anker should definitely take into consideration. Dash cams should function well but not catch the eye too much.

2 Likes

Certainly diggin’ the physical buttons like @TechnicallyWell has mentioned but I certainly prefer the C1’s current form factor which makes it almost invisible when positioned correctly with a built in windshield sun shade strip (compared to my primary dash cam).

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks too much like a point & shoot camera. I’d be kind of afraid to leave it in the car. I wonder how it would mount since it doesn’t look like it would be mounted like the original C1 nor Pro. Another concern I have is that it looks like the lens is facing forward now, will the direct sun affect it vs adjustable lens pointing downwards on the C1?

2 Likes

I think I prefer the C1. Might get one a bit cheaper when the C2 comes out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TechnicallyWell @hunho.lee10 @Ahamard_Govan @Jesse_Hernandez1 @ndalby @Nhi @Oggyboy

Hi everyone, sorry, I initially thought I included the Amazon link in my post, but it appears I forgot. Here it is! Sorry for the inconvenience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0742DD36K/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T4A19WYKZ49NR41F57M8#immersive-view_1503108060189

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. Hmmmm, not a fan of the mount. But I would love to see footages taken with it.

2 Likes

Yes I can’t wait for a C2 already!

1 Like

I prefer C2, cos the design is much more simple, and the screen is good for viewing!:grin:

3 Likes

Roav C2 Extreme Test:

Extreme to me would be testing at both ends of the temperature range, sure it can handle heat but how does it handle extreme cold…it was -24 here on Monday and almost everything didn’t wanna work. If this did I would be amazed