Hi everyone! Ok, so I've been having problems with my Dashcam C1's Parking Monitor coming on even when I have it set to off. I contacted Roav and after going back and forth with Rosa, we found a solution. So, I wanted to share it with all of you that is having the same problem.
Here are the troubleshooting steps.......
1) Make sure your Roav app is updated, there was a recently one a couple days ago.
2). Go into the Menu setting of the dash cam and check to see what firmware it's on, the newest one is v7.8.
Eventhough I did do the app update, on my C1, it still showed that I was on v7.6. Therefore, I had to do a "manual" microSD firmware update.
1) Go to https://www.dropbox.com/s/90fjiphallkaajn/FW96658A.bin?dl=0 and download the .bin file.
2) Take your microSD card out of the dash cam and connect to your computer .... in my case, a Mac.
3) Take that FW96658A.bin file and move it into your microSD card's root ...... just drag into your card. Note..... it should not be in any folder.
4) Eject your microSD card
5) Insert the microSD card with that file into your dash cam (make sure that the dash cam is turned OFF)
6) Connect the dash cam to an external power supply (wall charger or power bank)
7) On the side of the power button, the red light will come on and blink..... let it do it's thing
8) After it does it's own thing (updating), the dash cam will turn itself on and display "Update successfully."
9) Now go back to menu and check on the firmware version..... you should be on v7.8 now
That totally solved my problem with the Parking Monitor coming on when I don't want it on.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you.
*** Post has been edited.... I originally sent you to the Roav site but unfortunately, the firmware in that link is not current, therefore, I replaced that link with another link that has just the .bin file you need. This makes it easier.