Roav Dash Cam Pro2 won't stay connected to phone wifi!

Hi
I just got my Pro2 Dash cam! Got setup installed & downloaded app & setup! My phone & dash cam connect but imediatly disconnect only connect for a few seconds ea time! Formated sd card in dash cam! But still will not stay connected! It doesn’t ask me for password when conecting to dash cam! Dash Cam is Great But would like to connect phone! I have a Samsung S9! I went thru phone setting & checked app permissions ect… I’m stuck

1 Like

Are you putting your phone into mobile wifi hotspot? If so then when you go to connect it should ask for password in order to fully connect. If it doesn’t then you may have to adjust your wifi password settings on your phone

1 Like

No did not do via mobile hotspot! is that how it’s to connect!

1 Like

As far as I know That’s the only way for it to connect to your phones wifi properly.

I would verify with mine but I left it back in Vermont when I m over a few weeks ago.

1 Like

I tried using wifi hot spot then I got nothing! The dash cam wouldn’t even connect & did not ask password either! I’m going to contact support in am! They should be able to help! That’s another reason I went with Anker dash cam is they have great support! Thanks Tho

1 Like

@jdvaha302 Sorry to hear that. Would you mind contacting our customer service with your order number and product model via support@goroav.com directly? I’m sure they will help you out quickly. :relaxed:

1 Like

Was the exclamation marks buy one get 10 free at the dollar store :wink::joy:

1 Like

Yes I did via email! Got response from Daisey! Did several thing that recommended! The one that worked was, Turn off network connection! So did that & phone & Dash cam connect great! But not being connected to network cannot check to see if I have latest update! If I turn mobile network dash cam disconnects! I responded to Daisey to see iff that is a known problem or if that’s just the way it is! That to me doesn’t make sense! But other than specs of cam & reviews, I got it because I know Anker has aGreat customer support! Mobile hotspot doesn’t connect or do anything, but turning off Mobile network does allow them to fully work!

with such a wide variety of devices and operating systems these days it’s not surprising that the camera is not 100% compatible with all of them.

Next time Try turning on airplane mode and then turning your Wi-Fi back on to save a few steps