Roav C1 dashcam (non pro) swap out by Anker for swelling issues

I don’t know if your reply was to me or others but I was merely getting your side. I haven’t seen what you were talking about, therefore, wanted to see pics of what you’re stating. There is no need for hostility nor name calling. I understand that you are upset about the situation. And if these things did in fact happen to you, I can understand your frustration. But like I said, Anker at least owned up and informed their customers, as well as offered to exchange or extend the warranty. I actually own the C1 and haven’t had the problems that was brought to our attention, therefore, that’s why I was asking.

2 Likes

Could be wrong but I think this has only happened to US customers, not received one myself in the UK but if anyone else has please feel free to correct.

Superb advice. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is entitled to their own opinion but above all, lets keep it civil

3 Likes

i can see and feel the bias towards Anker with all the same anker fan boys and gals here! I can’t help when almost all of you won’t even agree that anker messed up and now handling the recall process very badly! Their claim of this thing surviving in 149 heat wasn’t true either cos it swells and comes off in 90f when parked for sometime! when you are all just in denial mode and disagree with facts, then ofcourse all of you will find me being wrong this or that. I backed up my claims with facts!

you as anker fan boys and gals don’t like it so you side with each other, like each other’s baseless comments, etc
good luck!

Reminder to everyone: please be respectful to the opinions of others. Personal attacks and name calling will not be tolerated.

Hi @MsLovepeace12,
I know you’re upset, but Anker will take care of you. Please follow the directions in your email (reproduced below). If you have any questions on the return process, please include them in the email as well as I’m sure they’ll make the process as hassle-free as possible for you. :thumbsup:

[quote]HOW TO RETURN YOUR ROAV DASHCAM
If your Roav Dashcam C1 is one of our earlier models, please reply to this email with your latest shipping address and the SN of your DashCam C1. We’ll confirm the information and send a new one to you as well as directions on how to return your current product to us.[/quote]

2 Likes

Anker did not mess up. Messing up is not acknowledging the item has a problem. Anker has reached out to individuals regarding the issue. But if they have not support@anker.com will be glad to help you out as previously mentioned by @TechnicallyWell and to say we are Anker fanboys and gals is not offensive so say it allllll you want that is why we, including you are here on this forum am I correct? :grin:

I hope your problen with the C1 gets resolved though I know the almighty Anker will help you out though… joking about the almighty part. :unamused:

I don’t see where being bias is involved.
You say 90F but was that the weather app telling you or a thermometer inside your car? It can be 90F outside and above 120 inside a vehicle depending on circumstances.

Users like Nhi like to know how or what exactly caused this issue in your situation. And showing pictures of your personal device could show others how bad it really is and improve on this thread visually.

No one is trying to hide that there are units that are swelled up/defective.

3 Likes

How long does it take for us to hear something after replying? It would’ve been nice if I would’ve gotten at least an automated reply that acknowledged that the email was received and I’ll hear back eventually.

FWIW, I live in Texas north of Houston where we’ve had a few weeks of 100 degree weather (prior to Harvey) and neither of my Roavs exhibited any problems.

2 Likes

After I got the email notifying me about the safety issue, I emailed them back and opted to trade my unit out vs extending my warranty. I got an answer from them the very next day. And in that email, they sent me a shipping label to send the unit back to them. It also said that the replacement would be sent out between 2-3 weeks.

Have you emailed them back with what you wanted to do? Swap it out or extend your warranty?

2 Likes

@Nhi @bodyslide @cava3395 Not at this time. If you have one of the earlier Roav Dashcam C1, we will replace it with new version of the Roav Dashcam C1.

@MsLovepeace12 This issue affected only a small number of our early Roav Dashcam C1 devices. Our C1 Pro is not affected by this issue. In fact, it’s such a popular product, it’s actually sold out at the moment!. We will have more soon.

@greyfoxe1 EXTREME TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE: Designed to continue operation in 19℉-149℉ and protect data in temperatures ranging from a freezing -20℉ to a blistering 160℉—just stick it in your car and forget it"?

Our in-car products are tested for extreme heat. In this case, however, the earlier Roav Dashcam C1 product had a design flaw. Our new Roav Dashcam C1 has corrected this. Our goal right now is to give our customers with the older Roav Dashcam C1 a chance to replace it with the new version.

If you have any additional concerns you can always reach out to us directly at support@goroav.com.

1 Like

Bad product & worse customer service!
Bad customer service! Bad product! Used to love Anker but they are doing too many things too fast without any research! They released Roav Dashcam but recalled them after about 4 months later due to the battery swelling, popping out and LCD screen popping out which can be very deadly if not noticed in car for long time. I spent over $120 for various SD cards due to constant beeping and files being locked even while driving on smooth road or just by opening the car door. The description says it can withstand heat of up to 149F but this roav dashcam can’t even withstand 80 to 90F summer heat for many days when parked and temp inside is only about 100F… I couldn’t use mine & I sent it back after recall was issued. They wanted return first and then replacement to be shipped. You got to wonder why they wnat so many faulty dashcams back? Reuse them? Also turns out, they have NOTHING to ship as replacement & I was given couple of days to, 7 days to 3 weeks. I checked today again and they don’t even have this in their warehouse, forget about shipment! I paid $120 extra for hard wired installation of this dashcam and that money is now wasted!

Hi @MsLovepeace12, we understand that why you feel angry, we feel so sorry about this. To verify the issue further, it is our duty to recall defective products, I hope you can understand. If you have any questions, you can still send email at support@goroav.com, we are glad to help you solve this issue ASAP.:innocent:

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

@ndalby No matter which country you are from, if you own one of our early C1 DashCam models you are welcome to exchange it for a new version. If you decide to keep it, your C1 DashCam’s 12-month warranty will be automatically extended to 24-months.

For additional information on how to return your DashCam or to check if your DashCam C1 has have been affected, please contact us at support@goroav.com.

Thanks for the confirmation, it mainly seemed to be US users reporting an email so thought it was worth highlighting. As the C1 is still holding well in my Dad’s car I will be fine with the extended warranty. We don’t often suffer blistering heat in the UK :laughing:

I’ve replied to the email I received from AnkerDirect twice and still no reply from Anker. I guess I need to email the support address.

1 Like

Did you email them at this address?

Same thing here. Sent couple of emails 2 days ago to support@goroav.com and support@anker.com ago and ZERO reply.

Hi @MsLovepeace12 and @chinhster, we checked our email system, we haven’t received your requesting email, but don’t worry, my colleague will contact you ASAP, please check your email box these days. :innocent:

been emailing anker since November 14th regarding the LCD screen popping out. since then we’ve emailed 50 times back and fourth. it doesn’t help that they email me in the middle of the night (assuming overseas customer service) so it’s almost one email a day. I reply back in the morning and get their reply basically 24yrs later when i wake up unless i’m up late at night.

they ended up replacing the original one i had which had zero issues from the beginning. it was a great camera. the replacement video quality was horrible and immediately noticed. i’ve emailed them about it and they assured me that their “engineers” have “improved” the video quality. I have it set on 1080p like it was before but not the same. The new one looks like an over sharpened image and unable to make anything out. They offered a different firmware but still didn’t help. I finally got another replacement yesterday and the quality is just as bad. They have offered a refund and at this rate, I think I may unless a previous firmware can somehow make this camera usable. Apparently the newer C1 pro isn’t any better and/or they have the same bad quality as the upgraded version of the C1 just minus the GPS and camera.

i’ve emailed them comparison videos of before and after and they apparently can’t tell the difference.

original dash cam

replacement dash cam