Roav C1 dashcam (non pro) swap out by Anker for swelling issues

Bad product & worse customer service!
Bad customer service! Bad product! Used to love Anker but they are doing too many things too fast without any research! They released Roav Dashcam but recalled them after about 4 months later due to the battery swelling, popping out and LCD screen popping out which can be very deadly if not noticed in car for long time. I spent over $120 for various SD cards due to constant beeping and files being locked even while driving on smooth road or just by opening the car door. The description says it can withstand heat of up to 149F but this roav dashcam can’t even withstand 80 to 90F summer heat for many days when parked and temp inside is only about 100F… I couldn’t use mine & I sent it back after recall was issued. They wanted return first and then replacement to be shipped. You got to wonder why they wnat so many faulty dashcams back? Reuse them? Also turns out, they have NOTHING to ship as replacement & I was given couple of days to, 7 days to 3 weeks. I checked today again and they don’t even have this in their warehouse, forget about shipment! I paid $120 extra for hard wired installation of this dashcam and that money is now wasted!

Hi @MsLovepeace12, we understand that why you feel angry, we feel so sorry about this. To verify the issue further, it is our duty to recall defective products, I hope you can understand. If you have any questions, you can still send email at support@goroav.com, we are glad to help you solve this issue ASAP.:innocent:

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

@ndalby No matter which country you are from, if you own one of our early C1 DashCam models you are welcome to exchange it for a new version. If you decide to keep it, your C1 DashCam’s 12-month warranty will be automatically extended to 24-months.

For additional information on how to return your DashCam or to check if your DashCam C1 has have been affected, please contact us at support@goroav.com.

Thanks for the confirmation, it mainly seemed to be US users reporting an email so thought it was worth highlighting. As the C1 is still holding well in my Dad’s car I will be fine with the extended warranty. We don’t often suffer blistering heat in the UK :laughing:

I’ve replied to the email I received from AnkerDirect twice and still no reply from Anker. I guess I need to email the support address.

1 Like

Did you email them at this address?

Same thing here. Sent couple of emails 2 days ago to support@goroav.com and support@anker.com ago and ZERO reply.

Hi @MsLovepeace12 and @chinhster, we checked our email system, we haven’t received your requesting email, but don’t worry, my colleague will contact you ASAP, please check your email box these days. :innocent:

been emailing anker since November 14th regarding the LCD screen popping out. since then we’ve emailed 50 times back and fourth. it doesn’t help that they email me in the middle of the night (assuming overseas customer service) so it’s almost one email a day. I reply back in the morning and get their reply basically 24yrs later when i wake up unless i’m up late at night.

they ended up replacing the original one i had which had zero issues from the beginning. it was a great camera. the replacement video quality was horrible and immediately noticed. i’ve emailed them about it and they assured me that their “engineers” have “improved” the video quality. I have it set on 1080p like it was before but not the same. The new one looks like an over sharpened image and unable to make anything out. They offered a different firmware but still didn’t help. I finally got another replacement yesterday and the quality is just as bad. They have offered a refund and at this rate, I think I may unless a previous firmware can somehow make this camera usable. Apparently the newer C1 pro isn’t any better and/or they have the same bad quality as the upgraded version of the C1 just minus the GPS and camera.

i’ve emailed them comparison videos of before and after and they apparently can’t tell the difference.

original dash cam

replacement dash cam

Someone here @AnkerOfficial will reach out to you after this post. Sit tight and rest assured they will make sure you are completely satisfied. :grin: Anker is years ahead of their competition when it comes to excellent support and customer service.

4 Likes

Not sure what else they can do - i’m on my 2nd replacement device and a “special firmware” they’ve supplied me. the video quality is still not near what it once was.

i’m just curious to those in here who received their replacement device, how different was the video quality?

I have this C1 serial B371BACD52 , is this a bad batch ? thanks

Hi @yanki01,

As our new product has improved the video quality, some users think the picture is over-sharpened, but the other customers feel that the video quality is better than before and even grabbed more details.

At present, we have to say it’s hard to fix the over-sharpened problems which you have mentioned, but we will improve it in the near future. If the product make you feel unhappy, we are willing to give you a refund.:innocent:

1 Like

Man, things really heated up quick on this topic :joy::joy:

I wonder how a graphene battery would hold up

I was just reading through and thinking the same thing… maybe they should have took a hose to this thread and cooled everyone off :laughing:

1 Like

The screen on my Roav C1 just popped out yesterday, 6/27/18. High temp in Dallas was 100F. The serial number of my C1 is not in the list on the forum. My serial number starts with F422xxxxxx.

It still works, but what’s the process of getting it fixed/replaced? I received it as a Christmas gift this past December.

I’ve been having another issue with it where it will display a message that the SD card needs to be reformatted. But the card is readable in multiple computers. I replaced the Samsung EVO that came with the C1 with a high endurance Samsung EVO. But still getting the message.

@tdi_beetle Contact support@goroav.com, either thru email or live chat on their site. As for the “SD card needs to be reformatted,” I get that too. I think it just means that your can is full and they are just advising that you should reformat for a fresh start. I think it’s more of a precaution then anything because when it does loop recording, it will write over the old data. Just reformat it every once in a while to give it a fresh start to record to and you should be fine. But definitely contact Roav about the screen.

1 Like

like nhi said, email roav. have or put your amazon or whatever order number in the email to skip a step. If its under warranty, they will email you a return label, ship it back and you will get returned a new one. Took like 8 or 9 days for me.

on the sd card, format it in the camera, make sure you have loop setup to overwrite if full.

1 Like