Roav Bluetooth Receiver Review

The compact Roav Bluetooth receiver modernized my old (but very good) Bose Companion 2 Series II Powered Speakers in the kitchen via a simple to pair Bluetooth connection. Comes with a 2-1 Micro USB cable /3.5mm AUX audio cable, self adhesive Velcro and User Manual.

As soon as you supply power to the device, it goes into pairing mode (red & blue light flashing). Search for “Roav B2” and pair with your Bluetooth device. Connect the AUX audio cable to powered speakers or the AUX input of your car radio or AUX input in a home AV receiver. Once paired, the Roav Bluetooth Receiver will remember your device and reconnect when it’s powered on again.

Music and phone call audio is loud and clear. There’s a Pause/Play/Answer/End Call button and built-in microphone. Personally, I prefer Bluetooth devices that support the aptX low-latency codec. The Roav doesn’t support aptX, yet the sound is still very good for a Bluetooth receiver this size. The unit is 1 7/8" in diameter and 5/8" in height.

Here’s a short video of the Roav in action: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NmUkzWYP50Nkldg5qz4QSqwylmkuRYOm

I’d recommend the Roav Bluetooth Receiver to add Bluetooth 4.1 support to your powered speakers, A/V receiver or car radio that doesn’t support Bluetooth.

5 Likes

I have those speakers on my computer! Brilliant idea to use the roav as a Bluetooth receiver. I didn’t know the roav was so small! I’ve tried the same with a echo mini but my house is to small and I already have a echo in the main area.
I might however be doing this to my new infinity mini sound bar, and my old echo. As the sound bar mini doubles as a Bluetooth speaker. Nice set up!

Edit: is that a homemade oil infusion? And what’s in the black jars?

1 Like

Wow, some great photos… I have the same black ceramic jars :smile:

I love how small and indescrete the BT receiver is and how you can’t even tell it’s there unless you look for it. I’m gonna have to get one so I can pair up my phone to the amp in the garage. No more having to plug it in via auxiliary cable everytime I want to listen to music

2 Likes

Thanks. The great thing about this Bluetooth receiver is that you can add it to anything with an AUX Input. Make old new again :wink:

1 Like

Discreet is always good, as long as it’s functional and sounds good :grin:

I think @AnkerOfficial should hire you to take photos for the Amazon listings.

2 Likes

LOL. I think @AnkerOfficial does a pretty good job with their product photography, although I wouldn’t mind being one of their staff photographers :sunglasses:

1 Like

Coffee and music I dig it🤘

1 Like

The bluetooth receiver reminds me of a remote shutter. Just by your pictures, I want to reach out and click that button. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha. I love the simple, yet elegant design of it. Thanks for sharing your review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You forgot photography :sunglasses: :camera:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

The buttons are convenient if you don’t have your phone near you, you can answer an incoming call and/or Pause the music

Thanks for the review!

2 Likes

Nice review. Looks like a good product

1 Like

Thanks for reviewing this little disc :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No. Those glass jars have pasta & cinnamon sticks and the black ceramic jars have sugar, coffee and tea.

Haha, sugar- coffee- and tea is what I have in my black ceramic jars too. Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I noticed we have the same tastes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a short video of the Roav in action:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NmUkzWYP50Nkldg5qz4QSqwylmkuRYOm