ROAV Anker C1 PRO Dashcam Wifi Problem

I just received my Anker Roav DashCam C1 Pro. I have installed the ROAV app, but when it asks me to turn on the wifi on the device as soon as I do it the dashcam turns off. Is there a firmware update for the device? Is this a known issue?

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_Knox , do you mean the Roav DashCam C1 as the Pro is only a FCC listing at present and not a production item? When you enable WIFI on the DashCam does the unit power off immediately (which would suggest a fault) or do you see a countdown timer at any point, as the DashCam normally powers off after 30 seconds if not connected to a power source.

1 Like

Hi. If you are talking about the C1 and not the Pro, then more then likely, you are running off the internal battery and Parking Monitor is on. I’ve found that the wifi times out pretty quickly if you are trying to access it when NOT plugged in using the microUSB cable. Try plugging it in with your car on…unless your charger can draw power without your car on. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are talking about the Pro, you might not be allowed to share this information.

it will overheat, screen detach & burn just like the original one due to summer heat after it has been in the sun for couple of months specially if you park for long time in sun! 1 star review. Look at all the updated reviews from those who used the roav cam for at least 2 months and see the pics on amazon! They should make a capacitor version soon. iT can’t withstand 90 degree heat for 2 to 3 months. This dashcam is not for long time use! I love Anker but this dashcam is a cheaply made because it is battery operated and it is dangerous when stays in hot for long time. I always take mine out during the day when i am not driving and i have to use a glove to do it cos it is too hot to touch and the screen will pop off and burn my car!

I had this issue but it seemed to work after formatting the SD card (in the camera). And yes, use the app to update the firmware.

An updated version of the C1 Pro Dash Cam has been released by Roav on Amazon.