Roav android app 4.0.5 update at 30.11.2018

1. Added a pushing function about update and event.
2. Fixed the bug that failed to share video in Arabic.
3. Optimized Wi-Fi stability and video playback stability.

Third line was interesting to me. Stability has got better as temperature has been lowering towards winter, can’t really say if that update had any effect on it. At least much better now compared to hot summer. Still can’t watch 1080/30 videos without caching pauses, but total fails to play are down to ~10% and mostly works on second try. For reference, temperature hovers around freezing at the moment.

If not that sure about positive changes, I am sure about one negative: It took me couple minutes to problem solve why i cant use my phone to navigate, before i realized that i had wifi on and phone got stuck on cameras network. So, now i need to turn off wifi on my phone to be able to use it in my car.

4 Likes

4.0.6 at 14.12.2018.

Changelog is not that good this time:
Fixed some crashes and optimized performance

Telling that you have done “something” makes it impossible for us, users, to test if it works or not. But hey, you can say that there is an update!

Its dark (local time is 21:00 and sunset was around 15:00) and cold (-8 deg-C) in Finland and i just come out from sauna (+75 deg-C), so i’m not willing to try if anything i mentioned in my last post have changed just now.

Tomorrow I’ll try to remember to test if I could find any difference.

I haven’t tested much, but it is possible to keep phones wifi on near the camera. I told my phone to forget cameras wifi and roav-app was still able to connect to it when launched. Might have worked also with earlier versions, it just got problematic with 4.0.5 for some reason and then i did not think to try it like this.

That’s all i tried this time, I seem to have much better ways to procrastinate instead.