Reviews at AMAZON

I actually bought a cable on amazon UK and when I go to leave a review for it, I get a message saying only verified purchasers can leave a review, so their system of detecting who’s bought what has some issues. It’s not exactly rocket science either :joy:

You are still breaking Amazon’s Community Guidelines. Your account is going to be shut down, eventually. The way they do this is by finding the seller is manipulating reviews and the verified purchase badge, then they will ban every account that has reviewed any of their products, no questions asked. Believe me, I know from experience.

2 Likes

What I really don’t understand:
e.g. It is possible, for me to write reviews for some items without purchasing, for others not.
What is the reason? Is there any the logic behind? Seems depending on the item.

There are some items that Amazon won’t allow unverified reviews. For example, Anker sent me a Zolo Halo over the holiday, and because it’s a brand new product with few reviews, Amazon will not allow me to post my review.

I don’t know if they will eventually allow unverified reviews for this item or if Anker products have been blacklisted because of this community. We will have to wait and see.

Basically what the first comment said, i believe in US, you are able to comment on up to 5 non-verified purchase.

Ja, this is an idea.
I had only problems with quasi “brandnew” items I got.
The same with other brands, not only those from ANKER.

1 Like

AMAZON DE is getting more restrictive now.
I could post a review a few weeks ago.
But now it was deleted by AMAZON.
Times are getting harder!

I have this problem right now. Even on items that I purchased that I wanted. Not being sponsored by the company at all. I hope they fix this soon.

I wonder how much is the discount?

Yay, now Amazon UK have gotten on the bandwagon :rolling_eyes: . Looks like my future reviews will have to be on YouTube and the forum…

2 Likes

I still wonder how my reviews got posted after so long and others are having trouble getting them posted

That’s it.
But I don’t think that reviews here at the forum does make much sense.
At YouTube may be. As I told you all before there are ways to avoid this problem.

Depends where you post it.
AMAZON.DE and AMAZON.UK seem to be restrictive now.
I could post a review at AMAZON.com without a verified purchase.

I’m not sure you understand what I was asking in regards to my reviews. I wrote reviews for items I had purchased almost 5 years ago 5 years ago, and somehow they just just got posted. Meaning they were never posted when I wrote them 5 years ago

OK, now I got you! I think there is no problem to write reviews for items which are in the market for a certain time. The problem shows up with “new items”, ANKER want us to write reviews to “start” business.:wink:

Generally community members are very enthusiastic about Anker and their plethora of products. So I would say it makes sense but there is no reason you should limit your reviews to only the Anker community. Google+ Twitter YouTube are great & Easy to use alternatives.

1 Like

I’m a retired computer engineer and I never will join those so called “social platforms”. I know why!

Yes, it is the new policy adopted since last year

Now I can confirm it, Amazon.IT has adopted this policy.

Can’t review if not purchased, but not with all things.

I tried to review an item bought with my business account with my normal account and I couldn’t.
But another thing has worked.

I’ve sent an email to Amazon querying this more recent change of no reviews for unverified purchases (though I already know what the response will be) as last night while adding on a recent purchase review I selected their Echo speaker, which I’ve neither used or bought, yet I was able to add a rating…go figure…

If Amazon are that concerned about controlling reviews, perhaps they should open up their Vine program to ‘regular purchase reviewers’ rather than the occasional ‘I’ll take that free, give 5 stars and write three sentence’s of feedback’ fellows…

1 Like