Reviews at AMAZON

I don’t know if you all have noticed that AMAZON has new rules relating to reviews.
So it is only possible to write a review when the item was purchased regularly.

Does it make much sense to publish reviews here at the forum?
What do you think about?

2 Likes

Which amazon? Here on amazon Italy it’s everything the same, I can review 5 items a week without purchase it.

1 Like

AMAZON US and AMAZON GER
They have changed their policy regarding reviews.
Some articles can be reviewed others not.
I would like to know the background of their strategy.:worried:

They want to limit the posts of products reviewers like me ^^
And also, they have their own “Amazon Vine” program for reviewers, but you can’t apply, they hand-pick the profiles they want in.

And finally : reviewers = mostly fake comments, or at least biased.

1 Like

Have you ever wrote a dishonest review?:wink:
I never did!

Same with Amazon UK - you can only leave a review if you have actually bought the item - so no more Power User reviews can go up now unfortunately unless anyone knows a workaround?

Yep saw this when trying to write a review myself
There are companies doing other things to get around this.
Sometimes using discount coupons (although there is a rule about how much it can be discounted) and sometimes using paypal…

Other companies I write reviews for are using PP to refund.
I pay via bank transfer directly to AMAZON (direct debit authorization)
and will be refunded via PP by the company. Works perfect.

1 Like

"Eligibility

To contribute to Customer Reviews or Customer Answers, Spark, or to follow other contributors, you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon.com using a valid credit or debit card. Prime subscriptions and promotional discounts don’t qualify towards the $50 minimum. In addition, to contribute to Spark you must also have a paid Prime subscription (free trials do no qualify). You do not need to meet this requirement to read content posted by other contributors or post Customer Questions, create or modify Profile pages, Lists, or Registries."

Oh yes, it happens very often. What would I do for free stuff haha

I actually bought a cable on amazon UK and when I go to leave a review for it, I get a message saying only verified purchasers can leave a review, so their system of detecting who’s bought what has some issues. It’s not exactly rocket science either :joy:

You are still breaking Amazon’s Community Guidelines. Your account is going to be shut down, eventually. The way they do this is by finding the seller is manipulating reviews and the verified purchase badge, then they will ban every account that has reviewed any of their products, no questions asked. Believe me, I know from experience.

2 Likes

What I really don’t understand:
e.g. It is possible, for me to write reviews for some items without purchasing, for others not.
What is the reason? Is there any the logic behind? Seems depending on the item.

There are some items that Amazon won’t allow unverified reviews. For example, Anker sent me a Zolo Halo over the holiday, and because it’s a brand new product with few reviews, Amazon will not allow me to post my review.

I don’t know if they will eventually allow unverified reviews for this item or if Anker products have been blacklisted because of this community. We will have to wait and see.

Basically what the first comment said, i believe in US, you are able to comment on up to 5 non-verified purchase.

Ja, this is an idea.
I had only problems with quasi “brandnew” items I got.
The same with other brands, not only those from ANKER.

1 Like

AMAZON DE is getting more restrictive now.
I could post a review a few weeks ago.
But now it was deleted by AMAZON.
Times are getting harder!

I have this problem right now. Even on items that I purchased that I wanted. Not being sponsored by the company at all. I hope they fix this soon.

I wonder how much is the discount?

Yay, now Amazon UK have gotten on the bandwagon :rolling_eyes: . Looks like my future reviews will have to be on YouTube and the forum…

2 Likes