Review: Soundcore Motion B Bluetooth Speaker

I’ve posted my review of the Soundcore Motion B Bluetooth Speaker to Amazon at this link: https://www.amazon.com/review/RMZ08TMZ43TGS/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

I’ll share my review below:

If someone is looking for a portable Bluetooth speaker with great sound and long battery life, then look no further than the Soundcore Motion B Portable Bluetooth Speake by Anker. This speaker presents many features that make it an excellent choice in mobile audio.

The Soundcore Motion B Portable Bluetooth Speaker measures approximately 6 3/4" long by 2 1/4" wide by 1 3/4" deep. It weighs slightly over 3/4 lb., and it is very lightweight to carry. The device features two front-firing speakers and a bass radiator on the back of the unit.

The speaker comes packed with a micro-USB charging cable, user guide and a “Happy / Not Happy” card, which provides links for providing feedback and phone numbers and contact information for Anker Support. In addition, the device is backed with Anker’s famous 18-month worry-free warranty, which, in my opinion, is one of the best consumer electronic product warranties in the industry.

The pairing of this speaker with my iPhone 6s via Bluetooth was a breeze. I turned on my phone’s Bluetooth and then pressed the Bluetooth function on the speaker. The status light on the speaker initially flashed blue, and my phone immediately recognized the speaker. Once my phone and the speaker were connected, a steady blue status light appeared on the speaker.

Although the speaker is initially charged when opening the package, Anker recommends that the speaker be charged fully before use. The time needed for full charging of the speaker’s battery is approximately 3 hours. A steady, red LED indicator lights up to show that the unit is charging. When the light turns off, the unit is fully charged and ready for use. I found that I was able to get at least 12 hours of music play from this speaker while keeping it at a low- to mid-level volume.

In terms of the sound quality, I found the Soundcore Motion B Portable Bluetooth Speaker presented a nice tone with just the right amount of bass. It easily filled my room with sound, making this device perfect for background music or for party entertaining.

On the right side of the speaker is a snug-fitting rubber cover. When this cover is removed, two ports are found. One port is for the micro-USB cable, which can be used to charge the speaker (when attached to a wall charging adapter) or can be used to charge another device. The other port is a 3.5 mm jack, which can connect to a device via an optional 3.5 mm auxiliary cable (not included).

Other features that really impressed me about this speaker and influenced my purchase include its IPX7-rating (protection against splashing, rain and even momentary submersion), its ability to pair with a second Anker Soundcore Motion B Portable Bluetooth Speaker to create “True Wireless Stereo,” music controls on the speaker for volume and playing, pausing and skipping music tracks, and a microphone that allows the speaker to be used as a speakerphone as well as with Siri and other voice control software. I would also note that this speaker fit perfectly in the Anker SoundCore Official Travel Case (originally made for the Soundcore and Soundcore II speakers), which I purchased separately.

Needless to say, I’m extremely happy with my Soundcore Motion B Portable Bluetooth Speaker. Anker has once again come through with a quality product that is sure to last for years to come. Keep up the great work, Anker!

3 Likes

Good review & pictures @mattgold018 , thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks! @mattgold018
very useful review for our Amazon consumers!
Do you also have Soundcore 2?

1 Like

Hi, @AnkerOfficial. Glad to post my review and share my feedback. I don’t have a Soundcore 2, but I do have your original Soundcore Mini, which I’ve always kept in my car for when I’m traveling out and about. Would be happy to test out a Soundcore 2 if you ever need this done.

1 Like

Well done with the review and pics. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

1 Like

Thanks for the review.

1 Like