Review: PowerLine + MicroUSB

So, I was very fortunate to win a contest a few weeks ago, and while doing so received the Powerline+ MicroUSB as well as a charger (lipstick charger - separate review)

The packaging for the Powerline+ was quite impressive, as it came well packed and even came in a little portable carry bag. Was quite ‘fancy’ looking when i unwrapped it, so I was expecting some great results!.
As others who have reviewed this item, I would definitely agree with them that the materials that were used to construct this was quite amazing. It is made out of a very strong material (as the description states: Exceptional tensile strength is provided by a aramid fiber core, double nylon-braiding and precision laser welding)
Having kids, i’m sure that this will do great with standing the test of time from breaks, stomping on, snagging, etc.

HOWEVER, the charging aspects of it was quite slow! the description states " PowerLine+ is designed with a thick wire gauge which reduces resistance and ensures maximum charging speed."
It definitely did not do that for me. I did a side by side comparison between my Anker PowerLine+ charger using my samsung Travel adapter base (Model: EP-TA10JWE) input: 50-60Hz 0.35a; Output: 5.3V))
for both of my tests.

I took my battery down to 5% on my phone and then timed the charge to 100%. The Powerline+ did a full charge in nearly 3 hours! while the Samsung cable took just over an hour to give me a full charge. They were both microUSB and started at 5% each…

I think that this product has an awesome design, looks and feels sturdy, however it didn’t meet my expectations for an exceptional charger.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, @Clifford_S_Chu. Slow charging is no fun!
I just want to verify that both cables are the same length? If the PowerLine+ cable is longer than the Samsung cable, that could be part of the reason for the slow down. But at any rate, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com so they may look into this further.

1 Like