Review of Zolo Liberty+

I was gifted these by Anker and I don’t have a need for this type of bud so I gifted them onto someone else with a better need.

Below are their own words:

wear-ability
very good in this category, however, they could use one size of the ear cup larger (the one with the little loop that sticks out, not the round part that goes in the ear.). On my “german/american/italian” ears a slightly larger loop would help them stay in through even the jumping or running activities.

Otherwise, they are extremely comfortable and easily wearable. So much I can compare them nicely again to my $300/pair Bose in-ear wired noise cancelling headsets.

sound quality
they compare nicely with my sony (high-quality) wired ear buds. And compared to my $300 in ear bose noise cancelling, they compete, obviously without the full noise cancelling and deep bass end (bose is very well known for)

setup (and interface)
very simple and straight-forward setup. However a more simplified (and american written) instruction book(s) could prove more useful. (And in slightly larger print please; …as I am one that loves small print!)

Now pulling them out of their charging case proves challenging at times. Once I get the first out, the second is simple, but that first one, especially if my finger is not TOTALLY dry and clean, is a challenge. And I am fearful to flip them (the entire case) over and shake as both coming out as once I am afraid to have one get away from me.

Love the fact that the moment they come out of the case, they turn on and connect to my device (Android 8.0 w/ LBE 5 enabled Sony Xperia phone, in my case). So simple I don’t have to think about it or do anything!

Still curious what happens when the battery starts to run low as due to the case, I do not believe i have come across this situation yet.

overall (& package)

• The case is nice to the feel and great size for handling.
  • The charging indicators are a great added touch and convenience.
  • Sometimes I forget I am even wearing them!

A great alternative to traditional ear buds! And the add’l features of wireless, small form factor and good sound quality competes with some of the top end earbuds out there now!

For me, these are replacing a pair of Jabra SPORT+ headphones for the gym, biking (with sound isolation off!) and general around the house tasks outside!

8 Likes

Great write up! Thanks! As someone who is anxiously awaiting when they go on sale, this review made me even more excited for these!

1 Like

Thanks for your friends feedback. It’s good to see people are interested in this product. We hope that more people will join us to experience the innovation.:grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the review @nigelhealy , I totally agree with your friends findings on removal from case and the small print… When my buds are in the case the outside lights don’t light up but if I give the case a shake they will light up for 4-5 seconds… This is while not connected to external charger…I wonder if it’s normal?

Nice review. Do you have things you would like to see changed? I mean it is the first generation of them and often they are not perfect. I mean other people said that they could be improved.

Thanks for the review @nigelhealy and good to see that you are sharing the products you don’t need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve gifted my pair also but did get to have a mess with them before hand (no arguments from the giftee about me trying them :smile: ). Found the audio to be surprisingly good based on YouTube and a few other reviews where issues were mentioned but as for the fit/hold, not impressed I’m afraid. I tried all the jackets and could not get them to remain in the ear when doing moderate movements, which I did find disappointing as every earbud set I’ve tried from Anker to date have held well for general use and depending on model, exercise.

Will try to get a review up myself over the weekend…

2 Likes

The user’s review states the weaknesses like buds too small for the canal and hard to get out of case. But on a price performance basis those are niggles easily fixed in next version.

Why I didn’t keep them for myself is they are huge and where do I put them when not in use?

The fit could have easily been known with beta tester of varied size, as if only used by one person with a small canal?

I am impressed with the strides of early products but some more beta tester of a deliberately varied source would help save months.

The beta testing did seem to be limited from what I have read, perhaps just to one terrority :thinking: . Seen the fit mentioned on several reviews on YouTube (purposefully had a look around to make sure something wasn’t amiss). the only way I could get them to hold was without the wingtip type jackets, the plain held fine for normal use but anything with movement had them bouncing on the carpet (luckily)…

My giftee seems happy with them, mainly as they are going to be used for just music listening / laptop work.

Nice review.:blush:

Allowance for more differences

1 Like