Review of Soundcore's Liberty Lite (updated)

I apologize for the delayed update. My previous review didn’t include the context, so I’m resubmitting.

I’m a fairly active person and I use earbuds almost daily. Whether it be running, yard work, camping, fishing, etc. I’m always listening to something. Over the years I’ve used many different earbuds (mostly bad experiences), most recently the Zolo Liberty version. There are many similarities between these two and they are BOTH great options depending on what your needs are.

When the Liberty Lite earbuds arrived, I thought the packaging was fairly nice. Not nearly as nice as the Zolo’s though (that had a very premium feel). I will say a struggled a bit to get the Lite box open (maybe I’m just stupid?).

Once I was inside, the setup was a breeze. If you are familiar with syncing Bluetooth, this will be easy for you. I was done in 30 seconds. Every time you turn the earbuds on, they automatically connect, which is AWESOME! I’ve found not all Bluetooth devices are like that. On thing to note, Anker does recommend charging BOTH the earbuds and the case BEFORE use.

Previously I mentioned I’ve had issues with other earbuds (Aukey, MPow, etc.) and I mention that mainly because of the fit. Perhaps I have oddly shaped ears, but I could never get them to stay in when I got sweaty. That is not an issue with these. For me, the tips that came on the earbuds worked perfectly (even in hot and humid 90 degree days). But Anker includes a number of different tips, so I would find it difficult to imagine not finding something that works for you.

The other issue I’ve had with other earbuds is sound quality. Frankly, with earbuds I don’t really expect much, so that was never a huge deal to me. However, after trying the Liberty and Liberty Lite’s I was absolutely blown away! I can’t believe how good the sound quality is in these little guys. The highs and lows are excellent, the bass is rich (maybe too much for some, but not me). Anker advertises this as their Graphene-Enhanced Sound and whatever that means, it works!

One thing that Anker does not really advertise with these is the noise canceling aspect. Now, these do not have any noise canceling active feature on them. However, because the fit is so perfect, it blocks out a lot of outside noise. Don’t get me wrong, this won’t be as a good as Bose QC’s, but it’s a nice bonus.

The biggest difference between the Zolo version and the Soundcore/Anker version is charging time. These are advertised to last about 3.5 hours, with the case adding an additional 12 hours. The Zolo version boosts the same playtime for the earbuds, but the case is up to 24 hours. So if you are trying to decide on the two, this would be the thing to consider. For me, the Lite version is enough. However, if I was still in Chicago, I can see why the Zolo version is worth the extra $20.

The controls are fairly easy to learn. Long press to skip, short press to pause, etc. I’ve found the call quality to be adequate, but I don’t think I’d want to make business calls using them. The earbuds also work with Siri/Alexa, which is helpful when you’ve got your hands full!

Other things to note, Anker includes their satisfaction guarantee. If for some reason you aren’t happy with these, let Anker know. From my experience, they will make it right one way or another. These are also water resistant. I got caught in a rainstorm one day and these kept working like normal. So a little sweat won’t affect them.

If you are looking for a great pair of earbuds for a fair price, this is an excellent option. In my opinion, it’s worth the extra $20 for the Zolo version, but you can’t go wrong with the Lite’s

I hope this review helped, but I’m happy to answer questions if you have them. Thanks!

4 Likes

@tylermccarville, Thanks for the pictures…but wheres the review?

3 Likes

Usually it’s a review with no pics, well variety is the spice of life :grin:

Thanks for the pictures @tylermccarville …would it be possible for you to give some written feedback on the product such as it’s features, likes / dislikes you noticed during use, areas for improvement…stuff like that?

2 Likes

Nice pictures

1 Like

Ugh, I don’t know what happened. I wrote a very detailed review, but it must have been erased when I added the pictures. Frustrating!

I’ll edit the original post :frowning:

1 Like

good pics :thumbsup:

Bump in case others didn’t see it.

Thanks for updating with your actual review. Great job

1 Like

Thanks for updating your review @tylermccarville , good detailed job :ok_hand:

1 Like