Review of Eufy Smart Plug

Any portable fans? I use one for my fan on my nightstand.

maybe for girls? incase the hairdryer of flat iron is left on you can turn it off with the phone, maybe even the tv?

Yes I have a girl which tends to leave things on, but she doesn’t operate regular hours so if I just remotely turn off she could be using the power, so I don’t see a better alternative to what I do now is knock on the door if no answer go in and turn things off. If you imagine the “smart” alternative is horrible of placing a Wifi camera in her room to see remotely if not in and then turn power off. The smart version of knocking on a door to protect a girl’s privacy is lacking.

I could give her a smart plug and she can remotely turn off if she’s forgot to?

I may also need a smart plug…I often forget to turn off the lights…:head_bandage:

2 Likes

Well this specific product is for wall sockets problems, you could certainly make its output a multi-socket strips like this

… and then remotely control all power on/off type for the 6 ports connected.

For turning off ceiling lights you have the smart bulbs and (we suspect ) the smart switch

2 Likes

Sweet, I was hoping you would post up once you got it @nigelhealy
I think this would work great for my bedroom seeing as my wife changed the light we use and now I really have no way to turn it on or off without having to climb all over her stuff to get to the light…why would she put a light in the corner where only she can get to it, ugh. Anyway, this looks to be a viable option for me and I can set the light to turn on or off when I know I will be home or away. I like it

1 Like

Bear in mind it controls the electrical supply, so if say the light was turned off at the light switch, this smart plug cannot help (it would enable/disable electricity to an off light) , it can only help if you keep the light on at its switch and just operate via the smart plug (button / phone). If you want to control a light then a smart bulb may be better?

So I’d recommend it where it is the sole control, no other on/off like a light switch option.

BTW this is my high-tech notice on the dehumidifier? :confused:

3 Likes

Yup, I understand how the plug works to control power. And very high tech notice you have there.

1 Like

Great review. I’ve been looking around for smart plugs. I was thinking about waiting for Xiaomi stuff to be released to the international market… but that looks like it’ll take forever.

Great review. I’m waiting on this product to be available with French plugs format. I would be very insterested in this product to be able to control my fan !

Nice review!!!

1 Like

very nice sharing. I guess I’m going to buy one now.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the review @nigelhealy , looks like a interesting product :ok_hand:

1 Like

I think this is one of the reasons why I having gone the Smart Home route. Too many things to buy to make it all work. Thanks for the review.

1 Like

I’m not aware of intentions for CEE 7/5 socket.

Currently EU is served by Anker use of non polarized unearthed lower Amps IEC C7.

I am therefore skeptical France will ever see a smart plug. It’s too small a market.

WHHHYYYYYYYYY??? :wink: It’s bad news, but I agree that the market may be too small. Too bad.

The Eufy smart plug is 1800 Watts it has to be 3 pin Earthed. To do that in each small country socket types is a lot of effort for a nascent market. For France also consider UK. Similar issues with light bulbs. Not saying never, just needs time for a big enough market demand.

You can get by with lower Wattage 2 pin unearthed contexts which is what Anker does now with Powerport desk charger, where you need only ship with an existing mass produced cord for each market.

1 Like

Anything that requires scheduled power switching (on/off), using something to control your home (e.g., Alexa and Google Assistant), and it’s also a good power meter if you’re worried about power drain/consumption.

Smart powerstrip would be nice. Say for a lamp to turn on or another device while away. Maybe smart outdoor lights