Review of Anker Soundbuds Slim+

Any chance you can run an audio burn in and test the sound quality again between the two?

I am not familiar with burn-in so I went to your link and as far as I can tell that would be what I call wearing them out! My naturally get burn-in with use. I do not listen to music on my Slim or Slim+ anyway I use them for work related calls and as I move a lot I like the buds when moving. The battery life of 7 hours mean I use the headband Life (got in a competition) and they last much longer and recharge fast so they tend to get most hours of actual use and the Slim are more slightly used for when moving.

I know some like to use buds for music when exercising, in my case my exercising is on a bike and I’d never willingly put anything in my ears as I risk not detecting a threat, no I use them if someone phones so I can hear someone speak when they talk via the hugging inside ear noise isolation which the Slim and Slim+ do extremely well.

The other testers may be able to give more of an audio quality review if they have some HD media.

Fair enough, but burn in is not wearing out the device but more bringing them in line with how they truly would sound over time. Most high end audiophiles run burn in to bring out the true sound quality of devices.

1 Like

Great review and comparison :thumbsup:

Great review, @nigelhealy! Interesting note about the Slim+ sounding more metallic.

it could be the music in the TV HD prog I was listening to was actually metallic and the Slim muffled and Slim+ unmuffled or something else. It isn’t horrible, just different.

Wouldn’t most high end audiophiles are worried about wearing the needle?

1 Like

looks like a very high quality product but not sure I would buy the + for 7 more than the normal slims

1 Like

I’d say if own Slim and happy then probably stick with it, if don’t own either then… what you said. Given the Slim and Slim+ are extremely identical, I see the Slim disappearing you will soon not be able to buy it. So just form your buying decision now on prices now, I expect it will change over next month as stocks go.

The biggest advantage of Slim+ is the cable is longer, the Slim would drag itself out of your ear, that is fixed so it is more of an active use product. That alone would be worth if if you’re an active type person.

1 Like

Didn’t see the increased cable length. I would prabs use these while running so that would be good to have a little bit longer cable and of course the nice case.

cable length matters more when head is left/right often, the cable less drags the bud out the ear, that is context specific, a typical gym user moves head less than an outdoor runner or cyclist. I have the Slim+ on now and just wiggled head left/right loads and the Slim+ stayed put

I don’t think you can make a bad decision here.

yeah I think these might be the new wireless earbuds for me

good choice. I think in summary the Slim type with the Slim+ successor has a very low weight item inside the ear, that low weight is most of how they stay put, it then has help with a very comfortable external to ear channel but inside the ear still extension which is very comfortable, nil long period ear ache. Where this suffers is in battery life it is only about 7 hours, so for example I do flying and the Slim / Slim+ cannot handle crossing a continent for that is tends to move to Bose QC35. The Life, it is a puzzle why they cannot block out noise as good as the Slim / Slim+.

If you wait a month or so, a discount code will appear for Slim+

@nigelhealy can you measure the length of these for me please. I was just given a pair of bluetooth headphones yesterday to try out and because I have such a large neck diameter the wire between the ear buds barely fit me and I had to have it in the front instead of behind my neck. Curious how these would play out as they are on my list to get

For the purpose of neck diameter, from where the wires emerge from the bud at the point the wires could wrap around the neck it is 23.5 inches, from there is a stiffener from the bud and then the bud, the magnets on the buds meet and stick so basically its the wire between stiffener is what you could wrap something (longer string, wire) around your neck of 23.5" and know what it would feel like.

One of my photos and the packaging shows the bid and that short stiffener section and then the flexibile wire, so I’m measuring just the flexible wire.

I edited the top post to add that measurement.

1 Like

Thanks @nigelhealy I think these may be uncomfortable for me to wear since I have a 21" neck. I will find out once I get mine that I win from the powerdraw and see how comfortable it is to use

I’m currently 3 hours in to my battery test.

2 Likes

Great review!!! Good job!!!

Understood well then there are alternatives such as the Life and Lite.

1 Like

Great job, as always.