Review - Bolder LC40 Torch (Rechargeable)

No not normal. Unscrewing is not normal. Not enough glue or you unscrewed it with enough force to overcome the glue. Probably you have now allowed a little more chance of a little more water ingress due to breaking the glue seal.

Now, then interestingly, we now know how they made it! (screw it tightly, probably with some glue).

I own the newer and older LC40. I use the newer LC40 where I am a frequent user as its easier to recharge, the original older LC40 I just stow around as emergency lights, but even that need has waned as I also got the Eufy stick-on lights in all the places in home we may be stumbling so we’re well covered now.

I am in last preparations for a 3 week off-grid with a newer Anker LC40, an Anker Powerport Solar 2, Powerport II 6700, and a 256GB storage phone stuffed with box-sets videos, and a pair of Anker Waterproof phone pouches. I am re-waterproofing my tent next week.

1 Like

Hi @paperairplaneguru , you should be able to unscrew the the cover for the LED with a little amount of force (like shown in my initial post) but anything lower than that & it’s like @nigelhealy has already mentioned, it’s not normal. As your in your warranty (and depending on how you use your torch) it might be worth dropping support@anker.com an email with your issue as it could just be a QC thing on the one you received…

1 Like